Your ten favourite film scores?

I know, I am stretching the boundaries of what constitutes 'classical music', but where else could I ask this question? In the latest edition of one of the professional music magazines here in the UK is a list of what one person considers his ten favourite film scores. Three of them are not actually... show more I know, I am stretching the boundaries of what constitutes 'classical music', but where else could I ask this question? In the latest edition of one of the professional music magazines here in the UK is a list of what one person considers his ten favourite film scores. Three of them are not actually original scores at all, but use music by classical composers. Two of these are film versions of operas and so I think should not have been included (it being a different genre of film-making, surely).

My question: what are your favourite film scores (whether by accepted 'classical' composers or not)?

The ten from the magazine (not necessarily in order of preference as far as I can tell):

King Kong (1933) - Max Steiner
Psycho (1960) - Bernard Herrmann
Batman (1989) - Danny Elfman
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - Ennio Morricone
On the Waterfront (1954) - Leonard Bernstein
The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - Thomas Newman (with a tiny bit of help from WA Mozart)
Brief Encounter (1945) - Sergei Rakhmaninov
A Clockwork Orange (1971) - Various (see below)
The Magic Flute (1975 Ingmar Bergman film) - WA Mozart
Carmen (1984 Francesco Rossi film) - Georges Bizet

A Clockwork Orange:
The Funeral of Queen Mary - Henry Purcell/Walter (now Wendy) Carlos
The Thieving Magpie - Rossini
Theme from A Clockwork Orange (Beethoviana) - Walter (now Wendy) Carlos
Symphony No 9 (Scherzo and Finale) - Beethoven (with some arrangements by Walter (now Wendy) Carlos and Rachel Elkind)
William Tell Overture - Rossini/Walter (now Wendy) Carlos
Pomp and Circumstance Marches Nos 1 and 4 - Elgar
Timesteps - Walter (now Wendy) Carlos
Overture to the Sun - Terry Tucker
I Want to Marry a Lighthouse Keeper" - Erika Eigen
Singin' in the Rain - Nacio Herb Brown/Arthur Freed, sung by Gene Kelly

Let's hope this question doesn't get deleted like my last one for not being 'question'-y enough!
Update: Nick:
Do you mean the original 1998 Japanese film 'Ring' with music by Kenji Kanawa, or the rather poor Hollywood remake with Hans Zimmer's music?
Update 2: i.jones:
Not my choices, but those of the author in the music magazine I refer to. Haven't had time to think-up mine yet!