When taking oath at court in Britain and the US do they take account of your religon?

I'm just curious, I mean I know some who believe in God will lie under oath, but if you don't believe in God and you take your oath on the Bible, it just seems pointless because other than moral reasons, you have no reason to tell the truth if you don't believe in that religon.

Do they take into account your religon when it comes to the oath you take?

You are not required to swear on the Bible prior to testifying in court. You may simply affirm that you will tell the truth. No book involved. Religion has no place in US court of law.

In the UK you can swear and oath on the bible or there is a other non religious oath you can take depending on your preference. I remember this from jury service I did a few years back

idk about the UK but in the US you are vowing to God to tell the truth. Despite laws of separation of church and state, and the fact that the US has a multitude of religions and beliefs, we are still a "nation under God' as it states on our money. Kids in public schools say the pledge of Allegience, which has the line, 'One nation, under God..." and yes the G word is mentioned in court under a couple of different circumstances, taking an oath is one of them.

In many places religion has been removed. No bible, just your word of honor.

No.