Spotify - Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit? - What?

Okay, so a little earlier on I opened Spotify and got an AVG Alert window appear, it said:

Threat was blocked!

File name: uev2.co.cc... etc.

Threat name: Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 1889)

Process name: C:\Program Files\Spotify\spotify.exe

It said the threat was blocked, but, I don't understand. Was it really blocked? And why in the world would a threat be coming from Spotify? Tried looking into this but couldn't find much information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like a False Positive - A Mistake by AVG.

AVG Is good but it's over protective.. Anything itt thinks could be dangerous..

It Deletes and blocks asap.. Good for some people.. not for others.

Add Spotify to AVG's Exclusion List - Ignored files.

* open AVG -> Tools -> Advanced settings

* in the left pane select Resident Shield -> Exceptions

* use the "Add Path" button, then to find the directory to be excluded (tacticalops + ese installation folders)

* confirm the changes using the OK button

You can find out more here:

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq?num=2011

Hope it helps :)

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I propose which you get AVG loose version it is thru far the final anti-virus protection obtainable. it is going to wipe out maximum viruses if that doesn't paintings attempt malewarebytes. and on no account concern an epidemic many viruses in simple terms decide for you to be afraid so which to procure them. i don't understand what a black hollow income from is even nonetheless curiously like malware. Use the anti viruses point out above and maximum probable the virus would be long previous. If those fail have the unique cd disk and run an entire restoration on the pc. the viruses would be wipe out yet so will all your pc's data, in english it wipes out the entire stressfulpersistent.

• 9 years ago

It`s just a 'false positive'...happens quite often...Spotify is not malware.

Just tell your AVG to ignore spotify.exe or mark it as safe,whichever option AVG gives you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.