Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Why do I think I'm ugly?

Well, I think I'm ugly....though everyone tells me I'm not. But I bet they're saying that to make me feel good about myself.

I have....

Long brown hair

Green eyes

Kind of a weird nose I suppose, its not pointy at the end but sorta round?

Rather thin lips

Freckles

Everyone says my teeth are really white, but they're a bit wonky

I have tiny ears!!!

I just don't look very feminine, I look kinda boyish....

I don't really have a woman figure and I'm quite short, 5'1

I'm 13, and most other girls are really developed and pretty!

(I don't wear makeup)

Will I be better when I'm older??? Cos I'll probably always be single :(

• ?

I have Hyuge ears... and I'm going bald at 25, which does not help in the covering of sticking out ears... Lol.

I look kinda feminine... so what?

You don't wear make up but the other Girls do and you think they are pretty... yeah because they are wearing make up... heres a shocker for you... get rid of the long hair on Girls, stop them from wearing make up... they look like BOYS!

I'm not joking!

I won't go into the whole of it because your 13 and tell me off for boring you, lol, but to give a summary...

Media has warped peoples minds as to what we should look like... most Guys don't know that Women get underarm hair for starters...

Imperfection is beauty... ask any Artist...

If you are comparing yourself to others your going wrong right there... how can someone compare themselves to others when others have different genes? Different eye colour? Different hair colour?

Different facial features?

They can't!

Even the ugliest person in the World can look good if they try... everyone has an optimum for their features in terms of beauty! Said another way... make yourself look the best with your features... not try to copy and compare with someone else who has different features...

Learn about style, and be an individual...

You could be prettier than Angelina Jolie or Olivia Wilde if only you tried to make the best of the looks you got... that's what these celebrities do... and both have fairly masculine features... but yet they have a lot of male fans!

So do your own thing!

...and yes... you've not stopped growing yet... so your face will continue to change!

Its normal to think this way when you are 13. You think that because of what society has drilled into your head is "pretty." If there was a picture of you on every magazine in the country and everyone said that was the perfect way to look, you would not think this way.

Anyway, dont worry sweetheart. You will not be single forever and beauty is from within. And if anything will deter guys, its girls with low self esteem who think they are ugly.

ALWAYS be confident, guys DO NOT want a girl who is

self conscious. They want the chase. And they most ALWAYS

want what they cant have. If you want start wearing makeup,

you don't have to but I know I feel prettier when I do.

God made you his own creation, in his image. Therefore

you are beautiful. No matter what. Don't be so hard on yourself

I'm sure you are very pretty(: Everyone is unique.

And don't rush things, you'll get a boyfriend it'll happen in time.

Just be sweet, and flirt it'll happen(:

Source(s): Personal experience. Myself.

first of all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Second of all, the reason people define beauty in certain ways is due to society and the media. You think your nose is weird because you are comparing it to other peoples noses who you think have nice noses... Society really screws with people.

No, you're not ugly.

HOWEVER, your self esteem is an issue!

Don't feel bad about yourself. You're only 13 after all! Enjoy your childhood! :)

p.s. don't worry about the other girls being developed and stuff, you'll go through puberty soon.

• Bengy

You have beautiful features, I don't think your ugly. If you think your ugly maybe try some make up to enhance your eyes . But don't go changing yourself to try to be beautiful because it comes from the inside. Haha I sound old but its the truth.

You are having experiencing typical feelings for a 13 year old(at least in this day and age). Be happy with who you are and spend your time around people who like who you are.

Unable to confirm without a picture to go by.

Either way, you shouldn't worry about it.

Guys will still find you attractive, most have low standards anyway.

this would be easier if you posted a photo- oh but don't worry about these kinds of things at your age, some people go trough puberty later that others don't you know? lol

• MacG

The unattractive thing is the "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me!" neediness. I'm sure you look just fine, and don't worry, no matter if you ARE ugly. You'll find a guy when you're older.