Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Israel in End Time Prophecy?

Is Israel the main focus in end times prophecy? I see so many end times sites that mainly focus on the nation of Israel, and yet there is a huge world out there with about 200 nations! Surely the end times are not going to be just focused on the nation of Israel?

Also, I thought that Israel's privilege of being God's one special chosen nation was taken away from them in the New Testament because the Jews rejected Jesus and the gospel message? Aren't Christians regarded now as "Israel"? As we are ALL ONE in Christ Jesus?

So are we to focus on the literal nation of Israel in end time prophecy, or is there now a wider spiritual element to "Israel"?

• ?

You are right, the nation of Israel lost it's special right of being the chosen nation of God. A lot of this hype surrounding Israel in the end times came from Roman Catholic Jesuits trying to take people's attention off the true Bible antichrist (http://www.whoistheantichrist.co.uk) and later in the 1980's by a guy called Hal Lyndsey who wrote books proclaiming that the main focus of end times prophecy would be in Israel. And it is all false!

Take a look at these very clear Bible verses, which many "Israel supporters" ignore...

Romans 2:29 .....'But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.'

Romans 9:6-8 .....'Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.'

Galatians 3:29 .....'And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.'

Galatians 3:28 .....'There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all ONE in Christ Jesus.'

Jesus said to the Jews ....Matthew 23:38 ...'Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.'

Their special status of being God's special chosen nation was about to be taken from them.

The focus of end times will not be in Israel, but will be worldwide. Satan has deceived the masses into focusing on Israel, while he works in the background with the "beast" to deceive the world and bring about the "mark". People are watching in the wrong place!!

Take a look at this great study about Israel in the end times, it will OPEN your eyes! http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/israel-end-times...

1

Source(s): Universe Might Finish http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy

the Jews have mostly rejected Jesus as their messiah but not all. God created Israel and even though they right now are not accepting the gospel they will turn to him in the end and he will accept them as his nation again.

Source(s): Jeremiah 46:27 "But do not fear, O My servant Jacob, And do not be dismayed, O Israel! For behold, I will save you from afar, And your offspring from the land of their captivity; Jacob shall return, have rest and be at ease; No one shall make him afraid. Zechariah 8:13 And it shall come to pass That just as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, So I will save you, and you shall be a blessing. Do not fear, Let your hands be strong.'

Israel will be invaded and attacked at the end times. The country..

More like self-fulfilling prophecy

• AA

Sister, when it is mentioned Israel, then we have to take Israel literally. But when in scriptures the words like "believers, followers, etc" are mentioned then these can be any among us depending upon our deeds...

So when it is said that believers will be saved at the end..that does not mean that any one who will be born in a jew or christian or a muslim house will be considered as the believer.

As your bible has mentioned...

John 8

[37] I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

[38] I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

[39] They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

[40] But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

[41] Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

[42] Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

[43] Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So deeds will be the base which decide that who belongs to whom....It will never be decided upon the base of claim of a Rabbae or Priest or Imam....that you all are saved if you follow my interpretations or vice versa..

Israel is not only mentioned in your bible but in Quran too....That when the (end) time will come..we will collect you again back..

Why only Israel...only Allah knows best...but it seems that because they were the most beloved nation of its time...beloved by Allah...special food has been served for them from sky....for a very long period their matters were continuously in hands of Prophets...and many signs were shown to them...clearly..and everything was crystal clear for them.....yet they diverted following their desires..

so that is why they have been set as an example for all others...

So the nation of Israel is literal...the generations of those who were punished twice in their history as fullfillment of promise made to them...and still this coming back of them is again as per promise...and again if they stayed same (which they will..) ...the promise of punishment is valid again..and I think it is also mentioned in your bible..that who will come against whom in end times...

May Allah bless all

Allah knows best..

Ya Hayyo Ya Qayyum

• Greg O

Sorry - Revelations was fulfilled in the time of Nero.

Yes. Israel is the focus of end time prophecy.

The Church and Israel are separate and distinct entities in Scripture.

Jesus Christ is returning as the Messiah, to reign on the throne of David in Jerusalem.

There are dozens if not hundreds of Scriptures that address this.

Just one for example....

3 “Thus says the LORD:

‘ I will return to Zion,

And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.

Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,

The Mountain of the LORD of hosts,

The Holy Mountain.’

4 “Thus says the LORD of hosts:

‘ Old men and old women shall again sit

In the streets of Jerusalem,

Each one with his staff in his hand

Because of great age.

5 The streets of the city

Shall be full of boys and girls

Playing in its streets.’

6 “Thus says the LORD of hosts:

‘ If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days,

Will it also be marvelous in My eyes?’

Says the LORD of hosts.

7 “Thus says the LORD of hosts:

‘ Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east

And from the land of the west;

8 I will bring them back,

And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.

They shall be My people

And I will be their God,

In truth and righteousness.’

Thus says the LORD of hosts:

‘ Peoples shall yet come,

Inhabitants of many cities;

21 The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying,

“ Let us continue to go and pray before the LORD,

And seek the LORD of hosts.

I myself will go also.”

22 Yes, many peoples and strong nations

Shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem,

And to pray before the LORD.’

23 “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”’”

Zechariah 8:3-8; 20-23

http://www.google.com/search?q=derek+prince%2C+isr...