Can Lloyds TSB Bank close my account without notice?

Today I was trying to use my debit and credit online but couldn't. I called up the customer suervices and they asked me to go the bank with a ID.

At the branch i was told that the bank has decided to withdraw all the facilities offered to me with immediate effect. I will be only able to with my money from my account (balance over £5000), once I have settled my credit card bill for £1100 - I don't understand why they did this as I pay off my credit card in full each month and the credit card bill has been over £1100 at one time not just once but many times.

I have been a customer for over 4 years and they did this without any notice. I am supprised, amazed and stressed. Can anyone guide me what they did about this.

Many thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • gill c
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes they can and they don't have to tell you why, in fact i doubt if they will.

• 3 years ago

Lloyds Tsb Close Account

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I guess that Lloyds have introduced a 'flag' to tell them when a customer utilises their credit card in this way as, of course, they are not benefiting from what is in effect a loan, albeit short term.

In your position I would visit their high street competitors and ask what their policies were.

You then have a couple of options. 1) Move your account. 2) Stay with Lloyds and use a separate credit card provider. I doubt if Lloyds will backtrack on the decision. If they won't I would wave them goodbye, assuming you can find a more helpful bank.

Source(s): Lloyds customer, with a separate credit card.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Sorry but any Bank in the UK is able to withdraw their services. You should make an appointment with the Manager and ask for an explanation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.