Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

What does the Japanese word "ni" mean by itself?

I have a friend who knows a little bit of Japanese and is anime-obsessed. She usually says "ni" to me like she's asking a question. Or maybe it's "ne". Not sure... What does it mean? Also, is this a common Japanese mannerism or just an "anime thing"?

My guess is she's saying "ne." "ne" or ね in japanese is a particle put at the end of a sentence that looks for conformation to something, kind of like saying "huh?" or "right?" in English.

I say it's just a Anime thing, because "Ni" means 2 in japanese... and I believe "iie" is no

edit: I was right here is what someone else said to someone asking how to say no

[Quote]1. dame - no, you cant. not allowed.

2. iie - 'do you want this?' 'no.'

3. chigau - means wrong. as in 'is this yours?' 'no.'[UnQuote]

Source(s): Another yahoo answer
  • evans

the 1st step could be to purchase a jap dictionary, yet which will in uncomplicated terms practice you the words, no longer the grammar. jap sentence shape is punctiliously distinctive from maximum different languages, case in point the aspects of speech are placed in opposite order. come across a practice or take jap language classes.

Are you sure it's not oni? Oni means big like saying oni chan( big brother )

ni means "two"

• Stan

no