Mathew W asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

what colour hair dye would suit me?

basically i'm a 17 year old male and contemplating dyeing my hair. my hair is a dark shade of brown. would blonde suit me? or is there any particular colour that would suit me better?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should try going a few shades lighter to start with just to see how you like it. You don't want to go too light first time!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Firstly, if you're dark brown, don't just slap on a blonde hairdye as you'll go ginger. You'll need a pre-lightener to strip the colour out of the hair before toning it with a colour.

Generally, they advise going two shades lighter for a change, so a lighter brown might be more suitable.

If you're dead set on going blonde, I'd definitely have it coloured at a hairdresser's. They'll be able to highlight your hair with foils so it looks natural and blended, rather than someone's slapped a yellow rug on your noggin. An all-over matt colour is also really difficult to maintain - you'll get dark roots in three weeks.

There are also loads of types of blonde - platinum, ash, golden, natural, strawberry, dark to name a few... a hairdresser will help you select a colour that suits your skintone.

• 9 years ago

Take this from me, I wanted to go from platinum blonde to a dark auburn brown. The hairdresser decided to go gradually, because once the die fades, it would look really weird because the blonde would show through the brown. My suggestion, is to go only a couple shades lighter at a time. So like from your hair color now to maybe a light brown, then just keep going till you get it where you want it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Light Brown looks awesome..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

a colour that suits your pores and skin colour is your organic hair colour!!!!!! expecially with a male, men shouldnt colour their hair. expecially seeing how youre asian, your pores and skin colour and hair colour circulate completely mutually. dont replace it

• 9 years ago

you could add some blonde highlights/streaks and if you really like the blonde you could add more blonde later on

• 9 years ago

need to see a picture to give a proper answer, stoobit.

• 9 years ago

I would suggest never putting the opposite color color. It's best to try a darker color.

• 9 years ago

idk how u look, sorry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.