How do I un-install Norton Antivirus?

I recently got my computer wiped, as a result of Norton's complete inability to detect or get rid of viruses. After getting it back with factory settings, I installed the free version of AVG.

Only problem is, Norton comes pre-installed on my computer. It kept coming up with dialogue boxes asking me to activate Norton, which I always clicked out of. Long story short, I accidentally click on "yes, activate Norton", which is exactly what I wanted not to do.

Since it's a bad idea to have more than one Anti-Virus software at the same time, and I hate Norton, how does one completely expunge all traces of that sorry excuse for a program off my computer?

• mdgor1

http://searchg.symantec.com/search?q=removal+tool+...

removes everything including registry entries. just pick the version you have and download the removal tool.

2

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?sXUP

Try this, go to C: Program files and look for norton anti virus folder. When you see it delete the whole folder if it doesn't work then open the folder and delete each file one by one. This is what you can do if it is not letting you uninstall the program

Source(s): Experience

There's several ways to do so (depending on your Operating System). The most simplest way to uninstall Norton would be to go to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall Program.

Open control panel, go to programs, and uninstall all Norton products.

Also, AVG isn't really that good either. I recommend you either install MSE or Avast, to taste. Both are free and good.

no venture circulate to Norton significant internet site then you definitely desire to circulate to the help component of there internet site. you desire to acquire the gadget for uninstalling Norton Anti Virus for version they you have on your pc. it is going to inform you the thank you to define that throughout the previous you acquire the mind-blowing uninstalling utility.

• Aj

go to your control program under the program part, and there will be options to uninstall them..