Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why do some Christians, and some other religious folk, think atheists and agnostics have no morals?

I'm a very moral person. I turned down, no strings attached, sex with a slutty chick at a music festival because I wanted my first time to be with someone I cared about.

Moral, no? :D

• Brian

Well, not every Christian or religious person is like that. But yes, you DO have your ignorant ones that say that Atheists and Agnostics have no morals. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just because you do not believe in God, does not mean you don't have morals or your own beliefs in other things. They consider us sinners and the intolerant ones want nothing to do with us.

It makes you think....are some Christians ONLY good and moral because their God "told" them to be?

I for one, go by own guidelines. I do what I do and believe what I believe because I want to and made the choice to. Not because some higher power said I had to.

I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intention.

There is no belief system called "agnostic" you are either a gnostic atheist, and agnostic atheist, a gnostic theist, or an agnostic theist. And I would say that it's easier to have no morals as a religious person because you can pretty much do whatever you want and then simply repent for your sins/ ask for forgiveness... They've got it wayyy backwards

morals imply being constant. That was one example. I don't believe all athiests are immoral, I just think many religious people think that way because of how they get constantly ridiculed by them.

P.S. Not everyone's christian, I'm catholic.

As much as some people say Athiests are evil and going to hell, I know there are some athiests who treat people better than some religious people.

I personally believe that by an Athiest doing good deeds, he is doing right by God. In the way that he performs or acts, he is worshipping God and his Law. It is not my place or any other persons place to condemn an athiest to hell, ONLY God knows truly what is in their hearts...and maybe deep down inside they do believe in God....i have hope in this

Source(s): Muslim

Where do atheists and agnostics get their morals from? Treat others the way you like to be treated is very general and can mean various things to various people. Atheists and Agnostics believe that everything is relative and there isn't an absolute truth. So I ask, "How and where do you get the sense for what is right and wrong"?

i like that line ... "So....what happened to you christians? Why so hateful and harsh?" I additionally might desire to ascertain an answer .. yet I doubt christians might have a "justifiable" clarification for the two products decrease than .. a million) The Inquisition in Europe and against the close by individuals (US & Canada) 2) The Crusades

Christians love to point out the so called faults of others while ignoring they own. More Christians are self centered know-it-all's who are really just concerned for themselves

I don't know why. But I have met many moral people who aren't believers.

Christians are jealous because they think atheists get to commit all the sins they secretly want to commit.

I don't think that. I think they are often more moral, or have better morals.