Do Native Americans really look unfavourably upon the use of dream catchers in New Age traditions?

I read somewhere that most Native Americans and their supporters do not approve of the use of dream catchers in New Age traditions. I just wanted to know if this is true, and if it is, then why? I'm asking only because I do want to be respectful of Native American traditions and beliefs and I want to... show more I read somewhere that most Native Americans and their supporters do not approve of the use of dream catchers in New Age traditions. I just wanted to know if this is true, and if it is, then why?

I'm asking only because I do want to be respectful of Native American traditions and beliefs and I want to understand their perspective on this particular subject. I don't mean to insult anyone by asking this question, Native American or New Age practitioners alike.