Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Is sex before marriage a sin?

I am so confused. I am 12 and I want to know this for future reference. I'm not sure what religion I am (I think catholic) but I believe in god and Jesus but I disagree with some things, like gays going to hell, and sex before marriage being a sin. Because I think that sex before marriage shouldn't be a sin, since it's your own body. I don't necisarilly want to wait until marriage, but I don't want to go to hell for having sex before marriage. Can you tell me if sex before marriage is a sin, and if I'm catholic, cuz I do t fully understand all this religion stuff. Again, I believe in god, Jesus, virgin Mary etc. And that there is heaven, but I'm not sure if there is a hell. Thank you

OMG it's not like I'm wanting to have sex at this age!! I'm just saying my age so people don't think I sound like an idiot since I'm young...please read my while question next time!

OMG people will you listen!: I AM NOT PLANNING ON HAVING SEX ATTHIS AGE!!!! THIS IS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!!!! AND I AM NOT AGAINST GAYS, I just heard that somewhere in the bible there is something about gays going to hell, which I think is horrible. I believe in gay rights.

Favorite Answer

No matter who you are or what you do, if you have a true and personal relationship with God, you will go to Heaven. In order to get to heaven, you must believe you are a sinner. Admit you are a sinner and Believe that God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins and rose again 3 days later. Confess your sins and ask for forgiveness. Ask Jesus to come into your heart. It is that simple. That is the only way to Heaven, not what good you have done. Being gay doesn't send you to hell, not accepting Jesus as your personal savior will.

Gods gift to married couples is sex. He doesn't want us to have sex before marriage.

2 Timothy chapter 2 (NLT)

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

1 Thessalonians chapter 4 (TEV)

2 You know the instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. 3 God wants you to be holy and completely free from sexual immorality.

1 Thessalonians chapter 4 (NLT)

4 Then each of you will control your body and live in holiness and honor - 5 not in lustful passion as the pagans do, in their ignorance of God and his ways. 6 Never cheat a Christian brother in this matter by taking his wife, for the Lord avenges all such sins, as we have solemnly warned you before. 7 God has called us to be holy, not to live impure lives. 8 Anyone who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human rules but is rejecting God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

All gays do not go to hell, only those that are unfaithful to God (which goes for straights as well). Sex before marriage is a sin. "Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators (fornicators are those who have sex before they are married. But please know that if you do make this mistake you can be forgiven) nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites (those who have gay relationships) nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

No.

I believe that once you are above the legal age, both of you are consenting to have sex, you are in love and in a stable relationship then it is okay to have sex.

I do not believe you must wait for marriage.

Marriage without love is a sin.

Edit: I just read your comment about gays going to hell. I took time to answer your question without reading the fact that you're condemning me to an eternity of suffering...I guess I'm just a nice guy and you don't deserve my answer.

I hope you grow out of this intolerance and ignorance.

SORRY (another Edit) : I misread the "disagree" as "agree" haha sorry I'm tired and a little bit distracted at the moment. Sorry once again :P....Once again I apologize! lol

Yes; the Bible expressly says so several times; it's referred to as "fornication," and is repeatedly condemned as a sin in both Old and New Testaments, as is the homosexuality you mentioned. I would highly recommend, if you are a believer, that you begin reading your Bible regularly in order to see for yourself, and maybe you'll understand it a bit better. One thing you need to realize is that, as a believer in Christ, it's His Word on the subject that matters, not the personal feelings of you or anyone else.

• P

Referring to CoolKid3:

"But yeah most people do wait till marriage but dont worry !!"

No. They don't wait. Actually I don't know of many people at all nowadays that "wait".

As for it being a sin, yes, according to Christians/other religions.

However, if you do choose to omit and exclude parts of the bible, then at that point you're just making up your own religion.

Then again, most Christians do this so welcome to the club!

Source(s): Atheist.

I stopped at ' Im 12' your wayyyyy to young to be thinking about 'doing it' just relax when time comes it will come. But yeah most people do wait till marriage but dont worry !!

believe in god! thats the way to go!

• ?

Yes, it is a sin. It is called fornication in the Bible. Also, you may want to read this:

1 Cor 6:9-10:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

You should be more worried about the very real possibility of becoming a prostitute when you're a few years older. Any girl who wants to have sex at age 12 is destined for the sex industry.

I don't think it is and I know what you mean by being confused about the teachings of specific churches saying it's an abomination. I think it's perfectly fine if you are safe and smart about it.. and old enough to do it. I lost my v-card at 17 and I don't regret it at all.

Go watch TV.