Is sex before marriage a sin?

I am so confused. I am 12 and I want to know this for future reference. I'm not sure what religion I am (I think catholic) but I believe in god and Jesus but I disagree with some things, like gays going to hell, and sex before marriage being a sin. Because I think that sex before marriage shouldn't be a... show more I am so confused. I am 12 and I want to know this for future reference. I'm not sure what religion I am (I think catholic) but I believe in god and Jesus but I disagree with some things, like gays going to hell, and sex before marriage being a sin. Because I think that sex before marriage shouldn't be a sin, since it's your own body. I don't necisarilly want to wait until marriage, but I don't want to go to hell for having sex before marriage. Can you tell me if sex before marriage is a sin, and if I'm catholic, cuz I do t fully understand all this religion stuff. Again, I believe in god, Jesus, virgin Mary etc. And that there is heaven, but I'm not sure if there is a hell. Thank you
Update: OMG it's not like I'm wanting to have sex at this age!! I'm just saying my age so people don't think I sound like an idiot since I'm young...please read my while question next time!
Update 2: OMG people will you listen!: I AM NOT PLANNING ON HAVING SEX ATTHIS AGE!!!! THIS IS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!!!! AND I AM NOT AGAINST GAYS, I just heard that somewhere in the bible there is something about gays going to hell, which I think is horrible. I believe in gay rights.