Why do some people still oppose President Obama?
President Obama has:
- Rescued the nation from a collapsing economy!
- Caused the unemployment rate to plummet.
- Put an END to and slashed gross government spending that was implemented by Bush.
- Brought our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Won the Nobel PEACE prize!!!
- Passed a free health care bill that most Americans were too stupid too to support!
- Made America friends again with Islamic countries
- Promoted alternative lifestyles of homosexuality, transgender, etc -- DIVERSITY!
- Demanded immigration laws not be enforced, in preparation for universal amnesty
- Worked closely with other nations to form a NEW WORLD ODER of diplomacy and peace
- Saved the world from man made climate change!
- Bailed out large corporations and banks that would have failed without our money
- Brought all our troops HOME from Bush's war in Iraq, Afghanistan and other locations.
- Put an end to space research -- we've already been to the moon. What else is there?
- Pointed out more Bush follies, such as allowing OFFSHORE DRILLING
- Prevented global warming by banning standard practice of burning oil at spill sites before it spreads
- Given us more of what we deserve monthly! My check is up $2300/month from what Bush gave us!
- Made more equal opportunity for us to become what we want to be
- Spent money to stimulate the economy
- Spoke out against people that say America's government is broken (Tea party)
- Allowed leaders of other nations to speak their mind about America on the tax payers dime
- Bankrupted capitalistic companies to move towards socialism and eventually communism
- Caused inflation to make other nations currency stronger
- Apologized for American's history and arrogance
- Filed lawsuits against neocon states that want to prohibit illegal immigrants
- Preparing for a national amnesty program to ensure EVERYONE in the USA has the same rights
- STOPPED the oil leak in the gulf
- abolished DON'T tell I'll ask
- gotten rid of BUSH's taxcuts
- started a crackdown on CYBER BULLYING
-figured out a way to allow homosexuals to legally molest the general public (TSA patdown)
-realized the rights of Americans were intended to be expendable
-repealed don't ask don't tell
-proposed a plan that requires everyone to have their OWN internet ID
-comforted the nation and offered the full resources of the government to finding out what happened in Arizona
-invited President Hu to come to the White House for a steak dinner to discuss more loans and debt extension
-told big oil to "shove it" preventing them from gouging the American consumers with gas prices over $2, as Bush allowed
These are just a few of the many things that President Obama has done since being elected. He promised he would bring HOPE and CHANGE if elected and he has delivered!
Why do people still oppose him?
Is racism ever going to die?
- Mr. SmartypantsLv 79 years agoFavourite answer
Republicans don't oppose Obama because he's black. They'd hate him just as much if he was white. Like they hated Clinton and Carter and Kennedy.
The Republican Party is all about an agenda. In order to pursue this agenda they have to be in power. Karl Rove, under the GW Bush admin., introduced a plan to destroy the 'Democrat Party' and turn the US into a one party system. He made no bones about it, he didn't even try to hide the strategy.
When a Democrat gets into the White House, the GOP goes on a four year long (or eight year long) temper tantrum. They only want to destroy him, to make him fail, as hard and as quickly as possible, so they can get back into control. They don't care what damage they do to the country in the process, only about getting back into control. They call themselves 'patriots' but clearly they put party above country.
In order to make Obama fail, first they refuse to cooperate with Democrats. They obstruct and drag their heels, because cooperating with a Democratic president only hands him a victory and validates his presidency. They make sure nothing gets through Congress, and of course they blame this gridlock on the Democrats. They make up malicious lies about the president, and repeat them over and over, even long after they've been discredited. They did this with Clinton too--how many Republicans still believe Clinton murdered staff members, raped Juanita Broderick, sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese?
Republican congressional leaders (like John Boehner) have said right out loud that their first priority these days is denying Obama a second term. They are going to try to accomplish this by doing as much as they can to drive the country into the ground for the next two years, and constantly blaming Democrats and Obama.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Let me start by saying that I voted for Obama, but I am increasingly becoming disenfranchised with his continued insistence on cooperation with the right. I think he was fair in the beginning of his first term to give them a chance to get on board, BUT they made it clear from the beginning that they were going to block everything he tried with all of their power.
At this juncture, instead of making Clinton's mistake and bending over backwards hoping that they will see reason, and the good of the nation's constituents (not just the multi-billionaires) he SHOULD have put his foot down while he had the power to do so, and called them on their deceit and get a health care bill with a public option passed, and then moved on to some true economic reform. Had he done this, he would be unstoppable in a good way.
Now the repubs are going to be laughing all the way to the bank. They are now launching a plan to eliminate unions and worker's collective rights in all states, and the rich will get richer off of the wages that they should be paying their workers.
Truly the wages they fail to pay the workmen who plowed their fields cry out against them. The cries of the harvesters (and factory workers, and government workers, and service industry workers) have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
Obama could have stopped this early on. He could have passed a truly living minimum wage. But he wasted the time he could have done these things with without the Right's cooperation, and now the Right still gets to write the script.
- ss794Lv 59 years ago
-His whole goal is economic collapse. He has spent more than Bush, PLUS his new bill will give us new debt of $7 TRILLION
-I don't know what basement you are in but unemployment is almost 10% - highest it has been in decades
-Bush signed the agreement to bring troops home in 2011; last I checked we still had soldiers in Afghanistan
-Won Nobel for his national apology tour
-health care is not free - TAXES will pay for it and coverage will be rationed; I hope you don't get old or have cancer
-We have more terror attack attempts since Obama became President
-NWO = END OF FREEDOM
-Man made global warming is a hoax to spread the wealth - UN official confessed as much, climate gate
-NO BAILOUTS - I didn't like it when Bush did it too - govt. run businesses = marxism which is the antithesis of the Constitution
-Offshore drilling would make oil cheaper and decrease are funding of MidEast
-"give us more than what we deserve" - that makes you a slave to the govt and a thief of the taxpayer
- stimulus money DID NOT WORK
- of course he spoke out against the TEA Party, he doesn't like the Constitution -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udR7OO_Mwo
- Anonymous9 years ago
about 1/4 of the country supported bush no matter what he did. these are hard core republicans/conservatives. They will never support obama. the other 25% or so that is not supporting obama is disappointed with the economy. they hold obama responsible for the poor economy, rightly or wrongly. That is why obama's approval rating is around 50%. it used to be around 75% when he took office, because the 25% who are disillusioned were hopeful back then.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Well either the whole country is basically idiots for not realizing how great he is OR you are not quite honest when evaluating how great he is. My bet is on the later.
- Mark HonhorstLv 49 years ago
"some" people? Nearly 40 % of the country thinks he's doing a terrible job.
- Silence DogoodLv 79 years ago
"- Won the Nobel PEACE prize!!!"
-What did he do to deserve this? NOTHING!
:"- Promoted alternative lifestyles of homosexuality, transgender, etc -- DIVERSITY!"
-**** you, he defended DOMA, he can sit on it and spin.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Lol he did like 5 of those things and they all suck
- omnimogLv 49 years ago
Yeah! Your On it!
If the "WE THE PEOPLE" would get on board and support Pres Obama, the change would've ALREADY gotten here!!
Wingnuts - Stop BLAMING ONE GUY for your governance deficits and allowing megacorps to buy you and you republican cronies -lock stock and barrel - PLUS they got you out there at TOWN HALL MEETINGS waving their FLAGS! (dam - what idiots!)
Stop blockading OUR PRESIDENT - BE A PATRIOT! DO SOMETHING FOR AMERICA -
STOP BLOCKING ANY AND ALL PROGRESS. ... DUHHH!
- Anonymous9 years ago
When are u going to get a new question? this is getting boring.