Can someone explain why the Islanders where punished by the NHL more than the Penguins due to the big brawl->?

A couple of nights ago? -> The NHL suspended New York forwards Trevor Gillies(notes) for nine games and Matt Martin(notes) for four and hit the team with a $100,000 fine late Saturday night, saying the Islanders “must bear some responsibility for their failure to control their players.” Pittsburgh forward... show more A couple of nights ago? ->

The NHL suspended New York forwards Trevor Gillies(notes) for nine games and Matt Martin(notes) for four and hit the team with a $100,000 fine late Saturday night, saying the Islanders “must bear some responsibility for their failure to control their players.”

Pittsburgh forward Eric Godard(notes) was the only member of the Penguins’ organization to be punished by the NHL. He received an automatic 10-game suspension because he left the bench to join a fight between New York’s Micheal Haley(notes) and Penguins goalie Brent Johnson(notes).

Pittsburgh also avoided a fine by the league. That drew the ire of Islanders general manager Garth Snow.

In fairness i didn't see the fight yet(Either on Tv or Youtube.) but from what i read there where many players involved in this brawl from both teams. . Until i see the highlights sounds to me like the League is being very double standard.
Update: For the record I'm an Islanders fan & didn't watch the fight. Hopefully will see it on TV or You Tube soon enough.
Update 2: I respect your answer Pensfan87 & all the others answers i gotten so far. Like i said i didn't see what happened yet. I'm just trying to figure out if so many players where involved on both sides that why where the Isles got fined & more players suspended than the Penguins. And also why the League didn't fine the... show more I respect your answer Pensfan87 & all the others answers i gotten so far. Like i said i didn't see what happened yet. I'm just trying to figure out if so many players where involved on both sides that why where the Isles got fined & more players suspended than the Penguins. And also why the League didn't fine the Pens.