What do you hate about soup operas??????????????

I hate their false endings

Favorite Answer

I hate that the writers don't seem to know or care about the genre anymore. They're trying to grab ratings by writing them like primetime shows or action movies, and that's why soaps are failing.

I don't know what I hate about soup operas since I don't know what a soup opera is.

By the way, the correct term you're looking for is a cliff-hanger, not a 'false ending'. This is a very common method used to keep viewers hooked so that they tune in to the next episode. It's used throughout television and also books, etc.

• Lips

I hate the fact that they all copy each other, and all about the same time. At least leave it a year inbetween, not a few weeks.

There's been a fire in Emmerdale, Eastenders, Hollyoaks.

Crash of some sort in Emmerdale, Corrie.

etc etc

I hate the mob and the kidnapping storyline because we all know what is a mob mafia. Look at Al Capone, he is a mobster who buy Canadian alcohol and sell illegally in the State. The kidnapping is really bothering me because I seen it on the news where a young children is missing for long period of time and that *beep* for GH crew to make the storyline to look like this so they want it to make it look realistic but it fake.

Unlike the rest of your answerers, I hate storylines that zip by too quickly.

I love it when a story builds, slowly & believably.

I hate to think what sort of high speed, jet style life all these other people are living.

This is one of the main reasons that British soaps are better than American ones.

-When storylines are too drawn out. It feels like it takes YEARS before the truth is out.

-When the cool characters leave the show but the ones that annoy me stay FOREVER!

-When couples won't make up their mind whether they want to be together or not. (Y&R's Sharon & Nick, Nikki & Victor ; B&B's Ridge & Brooke, Ridge & Taylor)

-How marriages don't last that long. Y&R's Cane & Lily seemed like the only lovey dovey couple besides Michael & Lauren and now Cane is gone :( *I'm surprised they haven't tried to break up Michael & Lauren yet*.

-How the characters seem so oblivious where they wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them in the face.

i don't agree which contain your assumption that extra Dem hear to exact sided Programing. the reason that they have got the utmost scores is via the fact they're "honest and Balanced" Plus they don't make relaxing of the different sides Like Keith Oberman and Rachel Madow!

on Spanish ones I hate the repetitive music and over done acting or where they show a persons reaction for like a minute without them saying anything.

They don't keep couples married to each other for long periods of time. The divorce rate on soaps is higher than the national rate. I wish they keep couples married to each other "till death do us part" more often.

The story lines last way too long.

No one ever works for real. I've never had a job where I could just come and go as I please.

They never clean house, do laundry, go to the grocery or to the bathroom.