Sex before marriage, drugs, and all that "bad" stuff are sins right? Does that mean all of that is in hell?

I am an atheist, but if this heaven and hell stuff is true I am going to hell, it sounds like fun!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • John S
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best answer

<<Sex before marriage, drugs, and all that "bad" stuff are sins right? Does that mean all of that is in hell?>>

Couple of things to point out....

1) The Sinners go to hell.. not their activities. That's like saying.. Hey.. Prison must be fun 'cause all the druggies, prostitutes, partyers, etc. end up in Prison.

TRUE, but that does not mean that the party continues in Prison. ALSO, note that rapists, murderers, abusers, violent criminals, are ALSO there.

So like Prison, we don't believe that Hell is a fun place.

2) Hell is believed to be the final resting place of the soul.. which is a non-physical thing. It doesn't make sense that our physical activities would accompany us to a spiritual place.

If you can't take non-physical things from the spiritual realm to the physical.. why would the reverse be true?

3) Hell is suppose to be devoid of everything good, all happiness and pleasure, for happines and pleasure are good things. Hence they are believed to be incompatible with hell. Therefore, IF these things bring you pleasure, in this world or the next, they can not be in hell. PERIOD.

And before one says that they are then in heaven.. see point #2

But the point that I see so many Atheists negate or forget is that one can be forgiven of these sins, so they don't have to end up in hell simply because they had sex or did drugs.. because their is an offer of 'forgiveness' on the table before us all.

Do we take the plea deal, OR do we remain silent and end up going to the 'bid house' for our crimes, rather then accepting the D.A.s deal ???

• sam
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I am not an atheist now; but once upon a time I was an atheist only. Now realized soul and getting purified my mind by doing meditation & introspection also realized God. I have not changed my atheistic philosophical knowledge and i could realize the inadequate knowledge in all most all religions and most of them are believing the imaginary one created by olden days religious heads to mae the follower to fear and follow the right path.

The hell is one non existent which being believed by these Christians & Muslims very vehemently where as Hindus are not having faith in it. Many Hindus will make fun of it and there are many jokes about the hell. Hell's king is Yama and there are many assistants to take the life of our humans to the hell make them stand in front of King Yama of Hell.

Hell is a myth only. The people involved in sex , drugs and all bad stuff which are sins only and they will suffer on earth itself getting many diseases and having lot of problems in leading the life.

• 9 years ago

Hell is total separation from God and from others. Hell is being totally alone and in the hottest place you can imagine. Sin may be fun for a season but eventually you will pay a huge price in addictions, bad relationships, STDs, etc. Only faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord will break you free and bring real joy and peace.

• 9 years ago

Hell is death, body and soul. Nothing more than that. You don't go "to" Hell. Hell means a total ending.

Source(s): Degree in Theology; I actually studied this stuff!
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • tapp
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

All gays do no longer visit hell, basically people that are untrue to God (which suits for straights besides). intercourse earlier marriage is a sin. "Do you no longer comprehend that the unjust won't inherit the dominion of God? don't be deceived; neither fornicators (fornicators are people who've intercourse earlier they are married. yet please comprehend that in case you do make this mistake you would be forgiven) nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites (people who've gay relationships) nor thieves nor the grasping nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the dominion of God." a million Corinthians 6:9-10

• 9 years ago

Hell is endless suffering, not fun. You might want to look at it closer.

John S has a great answer here. He describes the reality very well.

• This is man's perception and man's laws. God is not of this earth and He is without laws or perception. It IS God who made life possible. It IS God who loves us unconditionally. It IS God who forgives. It IS God who never changes and shines His Light down on us all.

What IS of God is so far the opposite of what man believes to be true.

This is why we must rely on instinct and our heart to tell us what is right and true for each and every one of us, individually.

If this is what you truly desire, then it is your choice. It is through the 'choices' we make in life, that determine our suffering and fate.

Sooner or later you will encounter His Presence. If you continue to desire the ways of the world, He will still be there until the end of your life. Eventually, you 'will' see the Light. :D

Peace and Blessings

It is through the 'choices' we make that determine our suffering and fate.:D

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

they are sins but thats the reason God came and died on the cross for OUR sins! And if we accept him as our savior we wikl go to heaven becouse of what Jesus did for us!

Hell is not fun! it's fire, toture, screaming, pain, suffering all you life NEVER ENDING! Hell and heaven never end we will be in either one for eternity!

• 9 years ago

This is a funny question. I like it. Even though I don't do drugs, I love sex.

• LV426
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The monumental stupidity of some people just stops me cold.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.