Can anyone condone Bocellism after hearing this?

I am grateful to a fellow contributor to a classical music forum for bringing this to my attention. For those who seem to believe that the Bocellism is anything other than a fraud of marketing hype, I would urge them to listen to this stomach-churning effort from Donizetti's 'La fille du régiment',... show more I am grateful to a fellow contributor to a classical music forum for bringing this to my attention.

For those who seem to believe that the Bocellism is anything other than a fraud of marketing hype, I would urge them to listen to this stomach-churning effort from Donizetti's 'La fille du régiment', the famous tenor aria 'Pour mon âme'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3EYXuba2...

Then listen to it sung by a REAL tenor (in this case the late, great Pavarotti - who for some inexplicable reason - perhaps when he had wax in his ears - advocated the Bocellism's 'art').
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6NkMeR2Z...

I would read with interest any meaningful defences of the great unseeing fraud that is the Bocellism.
Update: My dear suhwahaksaeng: I'm sorry if you didn't realise but 'the Bocellism' is my name for Andrea Bocelli. There are no theatrics to object to. In fact, some theatrical gimmicks might help take one's mind off the appalling vocal strangulations. What I object to is that this fraud makes money out of not being able... show more My dear suhwahaksaeng:
I'm sorry if you didn't realise but 'the Bocellism' is my name for Andrea Bocelli.

There are no theatrics to object to. In fact, some theatrical gimmicks might help take one's mind off the appalling vocal strangulations.

What I object to is that this fraud makes money out of not being able to sing - just because (as his marketers will always remind us) he is blind.
Update 2: joshua:
Largely I agree with you. It's just that I saw/heard this clip in another forum I contribute to and couldn't resist a little soapbox time. Forgive me :-)
Update 3: skypod: regular and longstanding contributors to the classical section will know (or remember) that I often refer to Bocelli in this way (like a nasty creeping malaise). Although I heard of 'bocce' for the first time a short while ago (we don't have it here in the UK), I had no idea that 'boccellism' (subtle... show more skypod:
regular and longstanding contributors to the classical section will know (or remember) that I often refer to Bocelli in this way (like a nasty creeping malaise). Although I heard of 'bocce' for the first time a short while ago (we don't have it here in the UK), I had no idea that 'boccellism' (subtle difference in spelling to my invented term) was actually a real word. Imagine my surprise!

You learn something every day and now I understand suhwahaksaeng's confusion better. I suspect this will not be one of my more successful questions in Y!A.
Update 4: Alberich: I thought you knew me better than that by now. You should know that I enjoy a wide range of music outside of 'CM' and similarly enjoy a vast array of singers in many genres. I even enjoy David Surkamp from the band Pavlov's Dog - an acquired taste if ever there was one! So please do not think that I am... show more Alberich:
I thought you knew me better than that by now. You should know that I enjoy a wide range of music outside of 'CM' and similarly enjoy a vast array of singers in many genres. I even enjoy David Surkamp from the band Pavlov's Dog - an acquired taste if ever there was one! So please do not think that I am against non-classical singers; I am not. I only object to those who pretend to be (or allow their publicity machines to pretend for them) that they are something they are not and that they are better than they are.
Update 5: petr: I disagree with nearly everything you say (but, as mutually respectful colleagues, I'm sure you are used to that by now). I don't think that the fact that many young people are ill-educated and have low expectations is a justification for anything. More, it is a terrible indictment of our increasingly... show more petr:
I disagree with nearly everything you say (but, as mutually respectful colleagues, I'm sure you are used to that by now). I don't think that the fact that many young people are ill-educated and have low expectations is a justification for anything. More, it is a terrible indictment of our increasingly superficial, facile, celebrity-obsessed society - something I think we should all be fighting against tooth and nail.

Any the marketers who plug people like Josh Groban (sp), Katherine Jenkins, Paul Potts, Russel Watson and the execrable Bocelli DO try to convince people that what they do is 'opera'/'classical music'. Goodness, there is even an atrocious new festival in England which bills itself as 'the country's first classical music festival' (I beg your pardon???) which consists almost entirely of crossover pap. That's what I object to so vehemently.

As already stated to Alberich, I enjoy a wide range of music of varying genres. I have nothing against 'sincere entertainers' (a