Confused....IRS Question?

So i filed early January and when WMR updated we got the code 1201, called the IRS they said they had to take money our for a past due tax bill. Ok we understood that, but now it is saying the remainder of our tax refund will be deposited the 11th in the amount of 15,595.03. This is where i am confused, our refund originally was 8240.00. How do they get 15,595.03.

While they could have found some errors on your return that go to your favor, I seriously doubt that since you owed a previous debt that it would be that high ( with or without really) If the WMR stated that amount I would call the IRS. If you do have a deposit in that amount, I would not spend it until you have confirmed with the IRS that you are in fact due that amount.

No one here will have any idea.

Presumably the IRS customer service representative didn't know how to interpret the data.