Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why do liberals call themselves "independent thinkers" when they all believe the same progressive propaganda?

Is that funny? A bunch of "free thinkers" who all believe the same things. Is that the ultimate definition of irony?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best answer

Why do ultra-conservative call themselves thinkers at all, when all they do is cling to ways of the past and rhetorical one-liners from the intellectually banal likes of Palin and Beck.

no one is a totally independent thinker, but I'll take progressive philosophies and policies. G-d forbid we should progress

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Anais Nin

• James
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I don't call myself an independent thinker with regard to political ideas.

• C Y
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No such thing as independent thinker. Everyone is influenced by what they believe or learn.

• 9 years ago

I agree. Freethinkers are no such thing--they all seem to toe the same lines and regurgitate the same CNN-based tripe they've been brainwashed with along with all the other evolutionists. Other than that, they're all people who need a Savior like the rest of us, but can a Freethinker get outside the box enough to consider that?

Only God in His infinite grace and mercy can help the sinner see his deeds for what they are.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You may want to go in the politics forum. Both liberals and conservatives suffer from groupthink.

• 9 years ago

Aren't conservatives the ones who keep parroting universal healthcare will turn us into communists?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Actually liberals and progressives are similar, but not the same.

Do you have a source, or are you just repeating what you heard?

• 9 years ago

not really since they have chosen to believe these things and are free to think that way. TROLL.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

if by "same things" you mean conclusions based on sound evidence then yes, we believe in the "same thing"

• Daken
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I love how fundies just lump everyone they dislike into one group and dismiss them instently. It is so much easier then thinking.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.