Domestic Violence / My husband just hit me?

My husband was in the Army, now joined to the police force and he's quite a cry baby about everything. If one thing isn't hurting, it's another. Today he told me after work that he was going to the hospital because his shoulder pain, he somehow managed to dislocate his shouder on the job but was... show more My husband was in the Army, now joined to the police force and he's quite a cry baby about everything. If one thing isn't hurting, it's another.

Today he told me after work that he was going to the hospital because his shoulder pain, he somehow managed to dislocate his shouder on the job but was fine to work after the medics had treated him. I knew it was him overreacting so I wasn't worried one bit. But I was annoyed that he was going to the doctor AGAIN. When he finally came home with NOTHING but high dosage pain killers, the argument kept going. I did mention that I think it's pathetic he's always looking for attention. He yelled 'SHUT THE _ UP" smacked me as hard as he could in the face with the ice pack in his hand. I knew our arguments were heated, but NEVER would I EVER expect him to hit me!! He said im the only one who makes him angry, which isnt true.

I was just so so so shocked. I told him I was calling the police, and he begged me not to because if I pressed charges he would get in a lot of trouble at work. After he hit me, as I was calling my mother he kicked our only tv into the wall....... We live in apartment... He's so STUPID... theres so many holes and deep scratches and dents in the wall and we're the first ones rent it out..... They're all from him.

After he did that, he went into the bedroom and took all of his pain killers. He's fine, just sleeping them off. He doesn't need medical attention. But I always thought I would know what to do. I always thought that I knew I would just leave. I'm just too old to be a burden to my mother anymore. I have no idea what to do.