Should I say it was a pleasure "meeting you" or "to meet you" or "to have met you"?

I want to send a thank you note to an alumni who interviewed me last week, just three days ago. Which is most appropriate to say?:

1. "It was a pleasure meeting you last Saturday"

2. "It was a pleasure to meet you last Saturday"

3. "It was a pleasure to have met you last Saturday"

Please help. They all sound right in some form or another, but I am not sure. Which is most appropriate?

"It was a pleasure to have met you."

Pleasure To Meet You

I would say pleasure to meet you as I believe it is a much nicer and honest response when you just met someone for the first time. I would say the second one ptmu.:)

Its more professional in letter form to say it was a pleasure to have met you last saturday if its past tense and when you say it to someone in person its more professional to say it was a pleasure meeting you if its at the end of your meet. Hope I helped :)

Go with 3.

1 would be if you were ending a conversation.

2 would be if you were beginning a conversation.

3 would be if you have already had the conversation and you are recapping via text message or other medium.

• Louise

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/U7pd2

Yes! And I laughed so hard, the guy turned red in the face when the crowd gathered. He took leave very quickly.

I would go with #1.

IMO, number 1 sounds least awkward and most sincere.

3 sounds kinda awkward. i'd go for #1

one is the most common way people like to put it, it is the mechanical way of saying it because i hear it often. number two sounds most genuine and sincere and teh third one is the most formal and kind of the most dramatic of ways to say it! the safe one to go with is one , but i like two the best! good luck!