muslims: do u agree that people who convert to islam from a non muslim background?

appreciate islam more than we do?

they have an experience of being a non muslim, and when they convert, they get to realize the difference, at least more than we get to, but people who have been muslims throughout their lives, have been living in a blessing that they never experienced its loss, does that make us less aware of it? like in the value of a thing is realized most when its missing.

this question is related to being thankful to allah for making us mulims, an idea that is greatly stressed in the quran, but unfortunately, not fully realized by many of us.

what do u think?

Yes, I agree. These verses revealed about Christians.

"(5:83) And when they hear what has been revealed to the Messenger you see that their eyes overflow with tears because of the Truth that they recognize and they say: 'Our Lord! We do believe; write us down, therefore, with those who bear witness (to the Truth).

(5:84) And why should we not believe in Allah and the Truth which has come down to us when we do fervently desire that our Lord include us among the righteous?'

(5:85) So Allah rewarded them for these words with Gardens beneath which rivers flow so that they would abide there for ever. Such is the reward of the people who do good.

(5:86) Those who disbelieved and gave the lie to Our signs are rightfully the inmates of the Blazing Flame."

Also these verses

"(28:52) Those on whom We bestowed the Book before do believe in this (to wit, the Qur'an).

(28:53) When it is recited to them they say: "We believe in it for it is the Truth from our Lord. Indeed we were already Muslims."

(28:54) These will be granted their reward twice over because they remained steadfast; they repel evil with good, and spend (in alms) out of the sustenance We provided them,

(28:55) and when they hear any vain talk, they turn away from it, saying: "We have our deeds and you have your deeds. Peace be to you. We do not desire to act like the ignorant."

In this life, people have it harder to be a muslim than others. Some live in familys that believe muslims are terrorists which makes it harder for some to become muslim. Other have it easier if they are grown up in an environment with a religious muslim family.

I'm thankful for Allah that I was one of those lucky ones =]

Thank you Allah :)

And to those who convert from a non muslim background they are truly amazing :)

Yes alhamdulilah

It is because they have gone through so much difficulty and hardship that when they come to islam and learn about the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saw) they feel relieved and know everything is for the sake of Allah (swt)- must be a beautiful feeling mashAllah & SubhanAllah

Source(s): Salam Alaikum

Other than the encounter based (you meet someone and are influenced by his/her personality) converts, most conversions are as a result of research, in all probability when one research the beautiful deen, they are easily able to get to the truth and the truth propel them forward. In contrast most Muslims are dependent on others for their knowledge of Islam and in all probability are forced to compromise rational thought for "listen and shut up" norm. If Muslims are encourage not to run to the Mullah for answers they would be as appreciative as the converts in no time.

• Ryeman

Can I say "The original is always the best"? I agree very much to users above. After realizing that they had been in wrong direction in their previous religion, now in Islam they really found something very different and feel right always. This comparison made them wanting to do more and more. Unlike some Muslims, they knew already what they are in. To them it is common. Well, can I say "New broom, sweep well."

Salam.

Yes, as a born muslim I think they appreciate it more and submit themselves to God in a better way.

but I hope God would guide all the ppl (not just the muslims) to the right path.

assalam a llakum

yea well because they are more eager to learn and once they learn they gain knowledge and become better muslims unlike us whom are exposed to the right path but still dont appreciate allah's mercy .. well not all muslims are like that

Yes to a degree.

My mum reverted before she married and raised my sisters and me to be thankful every day for the blessing Allah [swt] gave us to be born Muslim.

Our Mum always encourages us to be the best we can and thankful for what we have, her enthusiasm is contagious.

[=== ===]

.."Oops!"

[=== ===]

• Yep! I know Reverts who are better muslims than i am. They have Value for their Imaan.

the average time for someone joining islam before they leave islam is 18 months.