Who should pay for using my phone land-line to conduct business for insurance company?

I am a detached industrial insurance agent. I am expected to use my own vehicle & pay for the gas to get to my clients home to collect their premiums , service their policies and sell insurance policies. The Ins. company provides the laptop computer that is unable to function correctly. In my employee handbook i... show more I am a detached industrial insurance agent. I am expected to use my own vehicle & pay for the gas to get to my clients home to collect their premiums , service their policies and sell insurance policies. The Ins. company provides the laptop computer that is unable to function correctly. In my employee handbook i am required to have a phone. to communicate with our district office,on a daily basis. which means it is a long distance phone call every time i call in to claim my daily collections. I have a cell phone. My manager stated to me that i am required to have a land.line so i can fax in my deposits. i am unable to find in my employee hand book where it states that . Company does not provide a fax machine or provide a phone line or the ink the equipment is required to function. so i can provide my clients with information about their policies. I have to use my cell phone to call a 1800 number to get policy information.or make a long distance phone call at my expense . The laptop I was provided with is unable to provide such information from the company's website because it does not have internet service. I use it to input the monies i receive on a daily basis .I am required to sync the lap top once a week but i am unable to because a equipment malfunction. I was able to at one time from my home land line. It has been 14 weeks since i have been able to sync the laptop. I have to take extra time out of my schedule to write all my collections & fax them to district office to be keyed by office personnel. All this extra work is at my expense since i work on commission sales. since i live in a small town I pay $1.25 to send & receive faxes for my clients.I have never been reimburse for the expenses it has cost me to service my clients.

I feel i am discriminated since the insurance company provides a paid phone line to one of my colleagues who is also a detached agent. My manager told me i am able to claim those expenses on my taxes. I am barely making enough income to provide for my family. I should not have to wait one year to get back my monies spent to provide service the company should be paying for in the first place.

I need to know if you can provide me with information concerning the my expense for equipment my employer should provide to better service clients. I am not compensated for the gas it requires for the extra trips to the print company where i receive & send the faxes to the district office and also to the bank . I am required to do so to maintain my employment. I am disgusted that my superiors are unable to help me with my expense issue and the equipment malfunction. The only focus the district Manager has is sales. He has never taken the time to call corporate office about helping me or assisting me with the company issues.

the