Writers: What do you think your best piece of writing is? +BQ's (WARNING: May cause searching)?

By piece, I mean is it a specific story, an essay of Mexico you did before, your blog, you article for a newspaper. What was it called?

BQ: (adding onto the first question) what's the best Chapter/page in that piece of work?

BQ2: What's the best paragraph in that chapter/page?

BQ3: Your best line?

BQ4: how chapped do your lips get? Do you pick at them until they bleed sometimes?

BQ5: Do high-pitched noises give you a headache or can you not hear them anymore?

BQ6: What would do if everything you've every written and planned out, every note about it, every trace of that piece was burned?

Favorite Answer

I think my best one was... "Tempt". It was a vampire/werewolf story I started on deviantart a while back. Still haven't finished it as of yet, but I'm working on it. XD Needs a bit of rework... Plus the whole vampire phase made me not want to write any more of it for a long time. But I think that's my best because it was one of the first ones I really showed anyone and I was becoming more serious about my writing.

BQ: I can't recall the exact chapter, but my favorite chapter was when the two of them meet. It was at a party and the tension between the two of them was so much fun to create. :D

BQ2: It was when the music/dance stopped and he's supposed to back away from her, but he doesn't. He pulls her in and she doesn't back away-which causes a stir among the crowd. :D

BQ3: His lips curved into a smile. "I think I'm going to like it very much here."<--cause he is such a bit flirt! :D

Granted, my story needs editing and they might change, but still...

BQ4: Very chapped. :P Sometimes they get real bad they do bleed or crack. Esp in the winter. >.< Hate it.

BQ5:Yes. I get migraines easily and high-pitched noises bother me and give me headaches. Or worsen them.

BQ6: That would suck, but I have it backed up. On my computer and on my usb disk. Awesome thing to have! :D

I'm writing my book slowly, I'm taking my time through it, but I'm mostly happy with the book I'm writing

BQ: (adding onto the first question) what's the best Chapter/page in that piece of work? So far the first chapter, so much is happening to my character

BQ2: What's the best paragraph in that chapter/page? The beginning Prologue

BQ3: Your best line? As I was falling.- A bit of a cliche but it'll work

BQ4: how chapped do your lips get? Do you pick at them until they bleed sometimes? Sometimes...

BQ5: Do high-pitched noises give you a headache or can you not hear them anymore? Yeah...

BQ6: What would do if everything you've every written and planned out, every note about it, every trace of that piece was burned? I'm not sure, go crazy and start jumping out of mirrors killing people

I don't think there is a best or worst but I do love the ending. It's not especially happy but it's not super sad either, it's fairly realistic for being a fantasy piece.

The name is a hush hush though

I love all my chapters

BQ3: Your best line?

Same as nr2

They ain't chapped

BQ5: Do high-pitched noises give you a headache or can you not them anymore?

My friend shrieks a lot so I don't really mind

I would live on, there isn't a lot of notes in it... unless you'd feel like burning me? And I have too many backup files for them all of the pages to be burned, and I know the story inside out.

what others probably think: I wrote a script adpatation on Raymond Carver's 'Popular Mechanics' for a class. If you've ever read this story it's about a page and a half of sudden or flash fiction. My script was 20 pages long and recieved strong reactions when it was workshopped and was performed by the schools theater department during amateur week.

What I think: My current story.

BQ: I dont have chapters

Bq2, 3: Eve came around the corner as the intruder swept out the front door in a blur, the bell ringing in protest. A sheet of parchment floated to the floor in his wake. She flipped it over and scrawled across in hasty script was one word: beware.

-it might not be the best I have ever written, but I personally love this scene,

BQ4: I use chapstick daily.

BQ5: Yes, and they make my ears feel like they are going to burst.

B6: I've had something like that happen before... not burned... but lost in a computer crash. I was depressed... but after all, better the words be burned than me.

BQ: Probably a short horror story I wrote last year.

BQ2: A bit where the narrator talks about the house he lived in as a child.

BQ3: I don't know. I haven't got the story to hand.

BQ4: Appallingly, and no - I don't need to. At the moment, my bottom lip splits as soon as I wake up and yawn every morning.

BQ5: They don't give me a headache. Whether I can hear high-pitched noises is a rather complicated question for me, as I've got poor hearing and tinnitus. I can't hear external high pitched noises very well, but I do hear weird noises in my own ears.

BQ6: Well, I wouldn't be delighted, would I? But I'd have to start again. There'd be no other option.

• Beth

I'm quite proud of my 'An Inspector Calls' essay. A*, people. A*! :P

'Twas titled: An analysis on the character of the Inspector and supporting cast in An Inspector Calls.

BQ: The conclusion was pretty epic: I ended it with a question. Oh yeah ..

BQ2: See above<3

BQ3: "An Inspector Calls is one of the most thought-provoking plays since the the 1930s." - the line that started it all!

BQ4: I pick my lips when I'm nervous - which has been quite a lot since this is a nervous time for me (college/high school interviews!) - and then I lick them subconsciously. In conclusion, yes, they do get chipped quite often.

BQ5: They make my ears hurt! Today, in science, we were doing ultrasound and it got dead quiet but we still were horribly affected by it! My ears still hurt ..

BQ6: I. Would. Be. So. PISSED.

And cry, I'd cry, too.

• .

It's a short story called 'Echo'. Not a very nice title, I know but it's pretty well written. :P

BQ: I like the whole thing but a page somewhere in the middle where the main character comes to her senses is my favourite.

BQ2: Like I said, I like every paragraph on the page. :P

BQ3: "When dreams shatter, their echo drowns out every other sound."

Or something like that, I'm in no mood to search. Sowwy!

BQ4: Not very chapped -- it's never cold where I live.

BQ5: I can tolerate them for some time...

BQ6: Aha, I have everything backed up on two flash drives. Burn away! xD

I would think my favourite story so far (at least, the concept--I haven't gotten to the sweet parts yet) would be my story Marionette. It's been too long since I've wrote anything for it...

BQ: So far, Chapter Six.

BQ2: "I could barely move an inch, tightly bound within. Even worse, it was almost as if the silk was drawing tighter, weaving itself around me. I had no idea if that was just my imagination or if the silk was alive..."

BQ3: "I never could make out the words, but they were soft, almost like a lullaby. Just like a lullaby."

BQ4: My lips don't really chap.

BQ5: I don't really mind high-pitched noises.

BQ6: Cry, scream, hit someone. Rinse and repeat.

My fifth grade poem, actually. Because not only did I actually finish it, when we had to have other people look over it, no improvements were needed, I got an A+ and some one said they "Applaud" me (in fifth grade)

BQ: The only page

BQ2: Skipping this, it wasn't long.

BQ3: "Forgotten hopes and dreams fall like these leaves"

BQ4: I use fancy lip balm (Burt's bees pomegranate) all the time. So, they don't get chapped that much if i continue to use it.

BQ5: Headache

BQ6: O.O

Source(s): I haven't actually completed much else.
  • Not fair!! Okay, but if I have to pick, I'll go with the novel I'm working on now. For the moment, it's called Love and Corn. I like it best because I've never written anything quite like it before.

BQ: I don't know. It's not finished. I guess I'll go with page 1, since I've received great feedback on my opening...???

BQ2: Paragraph...five? I posted it up here for critique a while ago. RedStar liked it and got the image I was trying to project, so I guess that's good. I have a lot of respect for her. Seems like a smart girl.

BQ3: hmmm....um....I like this one: I know exactly what she is when I see her for two reasons: one, no way would a man lose track of his daughter or wife or sister, and two, she is naked and unconscious, curled around herself on her side. Her back is to us, but I can see part of her lower areas, and so can Revi if he thinks to notice.

BQ4: extremely, but no. I love Burt's Bee's. It works miracles.

BQ5: I sure hope not! I sing soprano so that would be a real problem.

BQ6: Wouldn't be an issue. I don't plan. I just write. Any notes I do make, I have at least two copies of (saved on my computer and a removable drive), but I'm sure I'd be fine without them. Probably better without them, actually.