Why is Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh describing Net Neutrality wrong?

this is definitely one of the weirder things that I've heard from Limbaugh and Beck. They keep describing Net Neutrality as some internet version of the fairness doctrine? I've heard it from both of them multiple times and it's not like they don't understand that that's wrong, in fact it's... show more this is definitely one of the weirder things that I've heard from Limbaugh and Beck. They keep describing Net Neutrality as some internet version of the fairness doctrine? I've heard it from both of them multiple times and it's not like they don't understand that that's wrong, in fact it's almost counter intuitive.

As a quick description to the people who don't know what Net Neutrality is. We have Net Neutrality right now. It's the thing that prevents your ISP from discriminating connection speeds. So basically right now youtube.com and wikipedia.org are all treated the same when going through your cables and getting to you.

Now a few big name ISP's particularly Comcast(boooo) are lobbying, and putting a lot of money into getting rid of Net Neutrality so that they can sell Internet like TV. What they want to do is sell you internet so you can get the "basic package" and get all the big sites like twitter and wikipedia and yahoo of course at normal speeds. But whenever you try to go to some more obscure sites(lower on Alexa) sites the internet will be slow and your ISP will be able to decide if you can even get on some of these sites. For example if you have comcast maybe Comcast will decide that the AT&T site will move veeeeeeerrrrry slooooooowly. To the point that it's unusable.

So obviously you can see that the internet is fine the way it is, this is just a power play by the big companies to try to get more money out of you. So if you want to get on the smaller sites like maybe your own small business website you'll have to pay for the "Premium Package"

Now, I bring this up because I heard Glenn Beck saying the other day that Net Neutrality was going to work like the Fairness Doctrine, he gave the example of if you went to his website glennbeck.com or whatever a pop up to mediamatters.org would come up. That's not true at all. As I described above it's not Neutrality in the philosophical sense it's neutrality in an electronic sense. In fact it could be bad for Glenn Beck since Comcast has removed it's advertising from the Glenn Beck show they might decide that they want glennbeck.com to move veeeeery sloooowly.

It's impossible for this to not have been explained to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, at least 1 person has emailed them to tell them that they're explaining it wrong and misleading their viewers. I thought it was simple ignorance the first time I heard it, but the people who work on the Glenn Beck Program are smart enough to know what they are doing. So why are they deliberately misleading the people who put trust in them?
Update: You didn't read what I said Primo.
Update 2: @Blood N Iron I promise you all that was written above was written by me and I did hear it on the Glenn Beck program, just google what Glenn has said about Net Neutrality and you will see I'm right. I'm willing to believe that it might just be ignorance, Net Neutrality can be kind of confusing if you haven't done a... show more @Blood N Iron I promise you all that was written above was written by me and I did hear it on the Glenn Beck program, just google what Glenn has said about Net Neutrality and you will see I'm right. I'm willing to believe that it might just be ignorance, Net Neutrality can be kind of confusing if you haven't done a lot of research about it.