Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do liberals call themselves "independent thinkers" when they all believe the same progressive rhetoric?

Is that funny? A bunch of "free thinkers" who all believe that same thing.

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best answer

Your unsubstantiated BS is not independent, impressive, or intelligent.

• sparks
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

They just think there independent thinkers because they don't swallow all the rhetoric that Limbaugh, Beck and Palin peddle. Heck, a lot they know, us right wingers know that these three tell only the truth. Well, maybe, some of the stuff might be a little far fetched.

• jehen
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If one actually thinks, one would actually side with the liberals - or at least what the extreme right-wingers here call liberal.

Conservatives are happy to embrace the science that gave them smart phones and the technology of this forum, or the medicine that saved their life, but reject climate change science and evolution as unsound.

We spend about 100 billion a year on Welfare and public assistance that insures stability and nutrition for very poor children and spend 300 billion a year on debt service for the public debt so that millionaires can keep more of their money. Conservative think that welfare goes to the unworthy and that ending welfare allows the millionaires to keep more of their money - but simply paying the bills properly for the last 10 years would have everyone keeping more of their money.

• 9 years ago

Libs don`t repeat the same spiel verbatim from the media. They do say pretty much the same thing, but in different ways. That leads me to believe that they in fact are free thinkers instead of robots.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Actually, liberals don't waste a lot of time calling themselves anything, not nearly as much time as you waste calling us those things you call us. We're too busy living our lives and thinking what we want to no matter what label you'd like to apply to us.

Why do conservatives call themselves "informed" when they all believe the same reactionary rhetoric?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Free thinking individualists are those go against traditional institutions, such as gay bashing, slavery, etc . . . Let's not argue over political ideology in regards to labels that have transformed through history; rather, view progressiveness as a way to free ourselves from the shackles traditionalists, e.g. conservatives. Jesus was a progressive, conservatives. Progressives don't like neocon policies to spread democracy for profit by force using the U.S. military, and that isn't a conspiracy theory.

You, my friend, heard "free thinkers" and regurgitated it. I find that humorous.

• 9 years ago

I recently saw a demotivational poster whose topic was conformity. It said that "When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other." So is the name stupid? Yeah. Just as much as kids who express their "individuality" by doing what everyone else is doing. The name "independent thinker" is simply chosen for its implications, not to fit with reality.

• 9 years ago

I believe what fits my worldview, culture, and rearing.

Unfortunately, you're repeating the same talking points that I've heard for many years. You criticize that liberals all believe the same thing when you're saying the same thing every conservative pundit has said for about 30 years.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

When science observes an apple falling - only one law can be formulated - gravity.

Or if you are insane - mass is expanding at the rate of terminal velocity.

• 9 years ago

Millions of Americans beleive in democracy. Therefore, they can't be free thinkers, because they all beleive in the same thing.

Just as ludicrous as your argument.

• mark
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Actually we don't all believe the same thing

Evident in the votes by our elected oficials. Unlike the lockstep republicans, Democrats can and DO cross party lines frequently without fear of reprisal by the party Demigod's

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.