Is this the ultimate decadent recipe?
Comparisons to chocolate invited.
Monte Cristo Sandwich
* 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
* 2/3 cup water
* 1 egg
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 8 slices white bread
* 4 slices Swiss cheese
* 4 slices turkey
* 4 slices ham
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Heat 5 inches of oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). While oil is heating, make the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; whisk into the egg mixture until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Assemble sandwiches by placing one slice of turkey on one slice of bread, a slice of ham on another, then sandwich them with the Swiss cheese in the middle. Cut sandwiches into quarters, and secure with toothpicks.
3. Dip each sandwich quarter in the batter so that all sides are coated. Deep fry in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove toothpicks and arrange on a serving tray. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- Anonymous9 years agoFavourite answer
Not at all. Monte Cristos are okay but they are just ham sandwiches made with French toast. I'd rather polish off a rare rib steak, mashed potatoes and stringbeans almondine followed by a pint of Haagan Daz Irish Cream flavor chased by a cordial of Baileys.
- benvenutaLv 44 years ago
I love BEEF VEGETABLE BEAN BARLEY SOUP I use no truly red meat however a red meat flavored soup base powder. I use a colossal soup pot, approximately 12 to sixteen cups of water 12-sixteen teaspoons red meat soup base powder- style the water in pot while including the soup base a million can diced tomatoes different INGREDIENTS a million colossal onion chopped two colossal carrots sliced two celery stalks three potatoes peeled and cubed 1cup mushrooms sliced(non-compulsory) a million cup cauliflower florets a million/two cup pearl barley a million/two cup dry Lima beans black pepper to style three/four tsp dry granulated garlic powder a million-two tbsp liquid honey to take off the threshold of the tomatoes Sometimes I upload slices of zucchini or a vegetable that I desire to make use of up, akin to cabbage. It is as much as you as this soup is rough to damage.Fry the veggies first in just a little oil to tenderize them Then upload the beans and barley, then the can of tomatoes after which water, the entire flavorings can then be further to the pot because the soup is warming. Watch the soup and carry it to a boil. Turn it right down to a simmer, quilt and prepare dinner it for approx. a million a million/two hours. If you prefer you'll use a can of purple kidney beans tired or different canned veggies to increase this soup. But wait till the final couple of minutes because the canned beans are already cooked.