Where can I go for a honeymoon stay in a log cabin in the mountains?

I am getting married in September 2011 and would like to stay in a beautiful log cabin in the mountains anywhere in the U.S. in December 2011 for our honeymoon. We are getting married on a beach so the mountains would be a nice change of pace for the honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go?

Check out Estes Park Colorado. It's a beautiful town on the edge of the Rockies National Park, there's plenty of individual homes to rent just outside the city, and you'll feel like you are miles away from civilization. You can hike the Rockies, then spend time wandering around town in the evening.

Another more rugged option is one of the old forest lookout towers, the Forest Service rents some of them out here in Oregon http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/recreation/rentals/index.s...

Or what about a cabin in Alaska? That's really roughing it!

• ?

My suggestion is a place I actual have in no way had the excitement of going yet desire to so undesirable- the Poconos. particular, they seem to be a pair hours away... nicely, various hours away... yet between the issues that makes getaways so thrilling is the getting away. My basically different suggestion is to take her to the amazing Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN. 8 hourcontinual yet so well worth it. there's a place the place you lease out a cabin, they do your paying for for you, and maximum of them comprise stunning centers like pool tables and private jaccuzzis. Plus in Gatlinburg, you're actually not far off from the amazing Ruby Falls, that's the water fall interior a mountain. additionally the subculture down there is astounding. nicely, the two way, you and your quite spouse have a dazzling time mutually!! take excitement in each 2nd :-)

If you are considering the southeast. My wife and I enjoyed a 1 bedroom log cabin outside Banner Elk NC. I'll put the link below.