Violet asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 years ago

Alternative to face paint?

I'm going to a costume party, and i'm going as a Geisha. I thought of using face paint but it make my skin feel stiff and itches underneath. So i was wondering is there are any other alternatives, i've heard of Stargazer Liquid foundation, but i don't know if it'll be white enough, because i'm pretty pale already. Advice?

• Aya

You need something that will create an opaque, matte look for the white base. There are several threads on substitutes for authentic geisha makeup on Immortal Geisha (just use the search function) and I'm pretty sure some of them involve makeup and not face paint. Keep in mind that even geisha who are very pale wear thick white makeup, because there just isn't any way to look THAT white without makeup.

Just get a little of the foundation and mix it with abit of food coloring i worked as a part time face painter in the US and the food coloring worked the best and all you need is a little bit :)

To prepare a basic face paint, cornstarch and cold cream should be mixed together in water. The proportion of ingredients to be used should be as follows: cold cream (½ tsp), cornstarch (1 tsp) and water (½ tsp). Food colors should be used to give desired color to the paste. The procedure of drop-by-drop addition of the food colors need to be followed in order to get the desired result. This paint can be removed with water and soap and does not harm the skin. Its not too itchy, but maybe apply a good mosturiser cream underneath first to ease the ichiness!

Hope this helps,

=) (=

Tattoos

You can get white foundation, you just need to look around. Try going to a gothy shop or look online.

I suggest looking into stage makeup. There are lots of kinds for sensitive skin. Some of it is just powder.

There are face crayons that help. You can get them at your local craft store. It feels natural and it's easy to wash off.