Tommy
Tommy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Does Pima County need a REAL sheriff?

Yes. The one they got is blaming the shooting on the right. I dont think he knows that the kid actually did it.

The guy has been elected in Pima County seven times. He's been in there almost 30 years. Apparently, the residents of Tucson and Pima County like him for whatever reason. It's a liberal pocket in an otherwise conservative state.

It will be interesting, though, to see what happens the next time he comes up for re-election. I saw him yesterday on Hardball, and I found some of his comments to be pretty inflammatory.

To me, he's pointing fingers at radio talk show hosts on the right when he should be answering to just where in the hell his guys were while a US Congresswoman was just wandering around in public at a well-publicized event. Has it even crept into his head that he just might have had some deputies on hand there, just in case? I doubt it.

WHAT?! A sheriff who sticks to facts when doing his job and keeps his personal garbage out of it as a professional sheriff would?

Uhh, yes, the answer is yes.

• Alex

If he had blamed it on the the Dems he would be revered as a hero.

Funny though how he did not point the finger at any one side. And yet on side took imitate offence.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," said the sheriff. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

When asked by a reporter if Giffords being shot could have been motivated by "prejudice and bigotry," Dupnik responded, "All I can tell you is that there's reason to believe that this individual may have a mental issue. And I think that people who are unbalanced are especially susceptible to vitriol."

While speaking, the sheriff said that himself it included, "it's not unusual for all public officials to get threats." However, he said the sentiment doesn't come without consequences.

"And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America," he explained. "Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office."

Pima County, Arizona has a great American sheriff.He's very popular and certainly better than that Nazi sheriff of Maricopa County, Az.

seems they need an independent sheriff who doesn't draw conclusions

so much for being innocent before proven guilty with him

No, just a semi competent one committed to law enforcement and not political ideology.

• Bill

yes, one who knows when to keep his mouth shut.

wasn't he responsible for Gabby's security that day, he doesn't seem to mention it.

Just one that's focused on his job and not political pandering.

Yes but I am not eligible.