Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

What do you think of the Pima County sheriff ripping on right wing talk radio for its hateful rhetoric?

I was pleased someone in law enforcement had the strength to call out the hateful rhetoric in the media for what they've been saying for the past year. Yes, they have free speech, but they also have a responsibility to be responsible for their actions, and that their choice of rhetoric and hate has consequences. He knows about the right-wing nuts in Arizona, and he has to deal with it as sheriff.

I wish more people would stand up like that Sheriff did tonight.

Favorite Answer

Words spoken by a professional who knows something about violence and people

• Dylan

He's angry, which is understandable. He's right in some ways, this whole year has been filled with Anti-Democrat rhetoric from right-wing personalities.

Maybe it didn't have anything to do with this, maybe if did. Either way, spreading fear and hate is not helping stop behavior like this.

It was outrageous, biased and very unprofessional of him to make any such comments. His job is not to voice his distorted opinions, but to stick to the facts of the case. This is just nonsense to talk about hateful rhetoric in the media the past year. The Left has lost and they are not going to take it lying down - this violence is on the heads of the Left.

Sheriff Paul Babeu is a conservative American how about some source instead of talk.

I cannot find anything about what you are saying.

I have been in law enforcement for 30 years. I have never in my career heard such a load of unprofessional blather. He is derelict in his sworn duty. He is blaming everyone but himself. His duty was to provide security for a high profile visit from a Congresswoman. Oh golly gee whiz, he didn't have any intelligence that there was going to be an assault. Another failure by an incompetent.

I think both sides need to take a moment and take a good close look at how they have contributed to today's tragedy.

Great job sheriff it's about time someone called them out. Now maybe they will think before the say things that provoke murder

• It's a sad commentary on the state of our nation...everyone should be disgusted and appalled. EVERYONE.

How does the sheriff, or anyone else, know what this person listened to on the radio?

He is a loudmouthed boob who might well be the least professional law enforcement officer since the nut who used to hang out on Y!A and used "chickenhawk" every other word.

• ?

the shooter was a lib. Caitie Parker, wrote she went to high school, college, and was in a band with the gunman. She said she hadn’t seen him since 2007.

Parker wrote of Lougher, “As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.” She also described him as “more left