What is the equivalent of a guitar riff on the drums?

i.e. what is the name for the repeated series of notes on the drums? or am I making myself look a fool and is just called the beat? eg, on a guitar the repeated set of notes is called a riff..

I'm a noob, please don't slaughter me
11 answers 11