promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Chad asked in SportsFootball (American) · 10 years ago

Why do some still think Tom Brady is better than Peyton?

CAREER STATS

Peyton: 54828 yards

Brady: 34744 yards

Peyton: 399 TDs, 198 INT

Brady: 261 TDs, 103 INT

Peyton: 94.9 QB rating

Brady: 95.2 QB rating

Peyton: 4682/7210 64.9%

Brady: 2996/4710 63.6%

Peyton: 53 fumbles

Brady: 67 fumbles

Peyton: 722 rushing yards, 17 TDs

Brady: 607 rushing yards, 7 TDs

these stats clearly shows Peyton's superiority over brady as qb.

yeah yeah some people say Peyton has a better team around him, but that's because he makes his receivers/tight end look good. plus, he hasn't had a great running game since james left. just take clark/tamme as a example. clark gets hurt, then the BACKUP tamme comes in and starts producing elite te stats.

don't give that BS super bowl victory speech. brett favre and dan marino both only won super bowl, yet their considered 2/10 greatest QBs of all time.

Update:

plus, one of the main, if the THE main reason peyton didn't win last year is because his defense and special team only giving him 7 possessions on offense. yeah, bad defense, something brady never has to deal with in the super bowl. i don't recall brady only having 7 possessions in the super bowl.

Update 2:

you'd right. brady will choke against ravens or giants

Update 3:

*you'll

or if he doesn't choke, he'll get injured before he jokes. i do not recall peyton missing a single game in his nfl career.

Update 4:

no actually, he had a good game but just made one mistake. you know, one mistake is fatal when you only get 7 offensive possessions. plus, tamme doing good is just another example of peyton being able to make anyone look good. name one receiver that looked bad while peyton is their qb please.also, this year, peyton has a horrible offensive line, unlike brady. i remember that chargers game. he was getting hit after hit after hit. it was as bad as a chargers DE pushing the colts offensive lineman into peyton and sacking peyton. and in that game, the chargers were able to kepe getting pressure since the colts wouldn't run. they do not have BenJarvus Green-Ellis like the patriots does. instead, they have donald brown.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favourite answer

What makes peyton so great is he is unimaginably important to the colts. With the mediocre talent they have with all if the injuries no way most qbs would make it work but look at where the colts are, 10-6 and no.3 seed. If manning and brady were to switch teams manning would be a multi time super bowl winner. Brady doesnt know how to work w/o a dominant o-line yet manning does and has been his whole career. The phrase "D wins championships" applies to every team and during patriot "dynasty" years they had a top 5 defense but were overshadowed by the marquee defenses of the steelers and ravens. Overall brady is a product of great coaching and excellent player managment while peyton is a product of true football talent and hardwork.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

How effortless.. You ask this query proper after Peyton has the worst recreation in his nfl profession. No topic how satisfactory a quarterback is, they're able of getting a nasty recreation like this and prior this season Tony romo(6 turnovers). That being mentioned, I nonetheless feel Peyton is the first-class quarterback within the league. You are not able to say "tom brady is larger, seem he led his group to three remarkable bowls." It's real he did that, however that is due to the fact he had the New England Patriots as his group. If Brady had the Indianapolis colts the prior years, I definitely doubt he might have had as a lot luck. Tom brady has the luxurious of arguably the first-class receiver within the nfl. He simply randomly throws up a ball in Randy's neighborhood and Moss does his magic. It's no longer due to the fact Tom threw it with precision, however it is extra due to the fact of the way well Randy is. good enough time to move, experience my rant.

• Jordan
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

I will argue that Manning is better than Brady until the cows come home, but I think the statistics you are using are a weak argument. Career yards and TDs (passing or rushing) don't prove one QB is better than the other. Peyton has been a starter a lot longer than Brady, and he's had to throw the ball a lot more. If those stats told the whole story, Favre would be hands down the best QB of all time (uhhhh...no.)

Just saying.

• A.J.
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Brady is better because he has proven that he can win in different types of offensive systems, surrounded by marginal talent for most of his career. Manning on the other hand, has had nothing but 1st round draft picks at the skill positions his entire career, the same Offensive Coordinator for 12 years (this year being his first without Tom Moore), and 12 years with one of the great Offensive Line Coaches in the league, Howard Mudd (if which, this is again Manning's first year without Mudd). Injuries are part of the problem for the Colts, but not having these 2 coaches for the 1st time in Manning's career I think weighs more.

Besides, who would you like to have as your running backs during your career before 2007: Marshall Faulk, Joseph Addai, Dominic Rhodes, and Edgerrin James? Or Corey Dillon, Antwain Smith, Kevin Faulk, and Laurence Maroney?

Better yet, who would you rather throw to before 2007: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokley, and Ken Dilger? Or David Patten, Bethel Johnson, David Givens, Troy Brown, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Deion Branch?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Manning is in a no huddle offense every snap, meaning the defense can't rest players. If they rush a substitution, he spikes the ball to penalize the other team. I'm sure there's a stat out there that shows positive yards gained via penalties with Indy more than likely being by far the greatest beneficiaries. It's the same passing yards inflation scheme Bill Polian ran with Jim Kelley in Buffalo.

• Jake
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Peyton Manning and the Colts can beat Tom Brady and the Patriots at Lucas Oil Stadium. But Tom Brady and the Patriots can beat Peyton Manning and the Colts at Gillette stadium. They are both evenly matched.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out the exact opposite. Give me one of the great offensive lines during the past decade, a ton of talented receivers, tight ends, and running backs, as well as one of the great offensive minds of the last 30 years in Tom Moore as your Offensive Coordinator for 12 consecutive years, and how is it that he only has 1 ring and only 2 Super Bowl appearances.

• 10 years ago

Manning has also played 3 full seasons more than Brady and before this year, had at least 2 Pro Bowl players to either hand the ball off to or to throw to, in each of his previous 12 seasons, and if not that, a plethora of 1st round draft picks at the skill positions as well, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Ken Dilger, Edgerrin James, Marshall Faulk, Joseph Addai, etc. And while the uninformed would like to say that Manning made some players, like Jacob Tamme, Tamme was all SEC in college, so its not like he couldn't play, he simply wasn't getting playing time due to injury or to the fact that he was playing behind Dallas Clark.

Brady is better because he led the league in passing while throwing to David Givens and Deion Branch, and led another year in TD passes while throwing to Troy Brown and David Patten. And this year he's putting up great numbers with Danny Woodhead, undrafted BenJarvis Green-Ellis, an aging Deion Branch, Wes Welker, and a couple of rookie TE's.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

it seems as though you left out the most important stat.

Brady= 3 rings

Manning=1 ring

also manning had i think 8 straight 12 win seasons but only manages to win it to the superbowl once. hes the best regular season qb in the history of the game. while brady is one of the best post-season qbs in the game. if you ask me, im taking the better post-season qb

• 10 years ago

Peyton Manning always makes it to the playoffs and the same thing happens, he chokes against the Chargers.

With Tom Brady, you're at least almost certain that he will not choke against a sucky team like the Chargers.

edit: I bet it was a Colts fan who gave me a thumbs down.

edit: Peyton sat out the season finale last year against the Bills, which is why I'm glad they lost in the Super Bowl. And I know you remember how Peyton Manning sucked in the Super Bowl last year, right?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.