Lost faith in god, please help?

I wont tell you everything, I'm not here to vent. Basically, over the past five or six years, god has never been there for me. I've stopped asking why a long time ago, no one can give me an answer and he wont answer me. How did you lose faith in god and what did it feel like? I feel a little bit numb, and I've heard some people say it feels like someone died. I'm slowly coming out of the lost feeling with the help of my friends, but I still dont feel anything from him. Why did you lose faith? Or if you dont want to say why, can you tell me if it hurt or what it felt like? I'm not sure if it should be more... painful or something, like a sign of the devil.

I once lost faith and even my belief a long time ago. But God never wanted to lose me, the more i turned away the harder he would call me back... When you find faith again which i know you will, you will feel better and things will improve. Have you ever lost an item like a piece of jewellery from a family member that you loved so much?? And when you found it you were over come with emotion because you thought all was lost and may as well let it go. imagine that emotion, now imagine that jewellery is your child..your love and emotion will multipy by 1,000,000 when you find them. Now imagine you created that child, their looks, sense of humour, personallity, you are perfection...the way God made you. you would never want that child to go missing and would give anything to the child they needed. then how much would God want to give to you?? When you find Faith again this will be like a long lost child coming home. Just remember how much God Loves you and if you ever feel bad rembember God is perfect, God created perfection, from that pefection came you...

peace

Hi!

I can understand your concern because I went through the same thing.I also used to wonder about God, so I studied the bible and wondered who wrote it..because some of the chapters were so confusing , I simply couldn't believe that God would sent down such a disorganized book(but my hunch is that the guy named peter wrote his heart out in the bible and filled it up with gibberish), but all I found was a bunch of unverified stories which confuses the readers. First I saw that there were over 9 versions of the bible, and each of them were different. It said that Jesus was God's son....but then I started thinking that if God is not a human, then how could he have kids. This guy was saying that look, jesus didn't have any father, so his dad must have been God himself! But when I told him that Adam and Eve didn't have any parents either. Does that make them god's children too? Well, all this was so confusing , that I started looking into some other religion to see what they had to say about God etc.Then Bible considers everyone to be sinners, and that God had to send his "son" to get rid of sins.This was strange that God would kill his innocent "son" in order to get rid of evil satan.! it sounded pretty cruel to me.Why would His "son" have to die for other peoples sins, or for satan, who makes people sin? Christianity also calls religious law a curse,and so that if someone follows religious laws ,they are in a curse.

Not too long ago, I bumped into this guy named Yousef Estes. He was a priest, so I told him about my confusions.Then he told me about a book called the Quran. It was the holy book of a religion called Islam. He told me that this book was "really" original. And trust me, when I read it, it didn't seem man made at all. The entire book didn't have a single contradictory statement. Then I later searched on you tube...you may want to check this out too;. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHiAGHFnzMU

Youtube thumbnail

. If you watch a couple of those videos , you'll be amazed by some of the facts that matches so much with modern science. I mean if a guy wrote that book, he couldn't have known all this stuff more than 1400 years ago. In Islam,everyone is responsible for their own deeds, good or bad. No one dies or suffers for other peoples sins. If someone does something wrong, all he has to do is ask God for forgiveness sincerely, and promise not to do it again. God will certainly forgive him according to his intentions.

At first, I wasn't too sure if this Quran was original coz I thought it was also altered like the bible, but I later went to Turkey. There, I saw the original copy of the Quran, which was written 1400 years ago. It matched exactly with the current one.

Anyway, just check these out.I'm sure it will clear out your confusion.

Obviously there has to be some One up there who made us, created Adam and Eve.

there are so many different beliefs around,one really needs to look deep into a religion to determine if it is authentic.

the maze is to find the right religion that will lead us to heaven. if it weren't so confusing then god wouldn't have created heaven or hell.

anyway i bumped into this faith that made sense to me. it believes that god sent Judaism through prophet Moses, and Christianity through Jesus, and lastly Islam through Muhammad. it honors all the past religions and it is the only faith that was never changed a bit since the prophet Mohammad’s time.

unlike Christianity which is pretty confusing with so many bibles that has been altered and Judaism that also changes their laws through Rabbis, Islam was never changed , not laws nor the holy Quran.you can actually find the real 1400 years old copy in a museum in Turkey. I don't know much about science thing, but this religion is so full of scientific proofs and it is also a complete way of life.you won't be disappointed if you checked out this religion.

Good luck and keep searching

• H S

Asking 'why?' is egocentric and pointless. The problem of evil and suffering in the world is substantially bigger than you and any hurt feelings.

The thing that makes me doubt, more than anything, is the behaviour of those who say they believe in God and follow his word, and then live lives of reckless selfishness, greed and viciousness.

The thing that keeps me believing is that the bible is still, overall, the best game in town. It provides the most realistic, honest portrayal of human behaviour and its motivations, and the God it portrays is qualitatively different to the other 'gods' on offer, whether they be the Greek, Norse or whatever pantheon, through to the god of Islam.

There is no shortcut formula to make it easy. You will have to think your way out of your current self-absorption and back to faith, I'm afraid.

Many have been where you are, and realized that all gods are just myths bolstered by faith that has no backing.

"When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free — free to think, to express my thoughts — free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself ... I was free! I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds."

— Robert G. Ingersoll, 1896

This is not a bad thing, if you truly are losing you grasp on the concept of god. God, along with religion, is an idea, nothing more. An idea that has been spread around for ages, not because it is true, but because we are fed the idea as children, when our minds are vulnerable and open to anything. Santa Claus would be a prime example. You are fed ideas that are built upon other ideas, and religion is often advertised, taught and enforced, so you are lead to believe it is true. Once you can see past religion, you can see the truth. I wish you luck on your path to the truth.

Source(s): My research on the human mind.
  • It's really very difficult to answer your question constructively. I suppose one would or could say it would like experiencing grief.

That being said, I have to wonder why you feel that God has abandoned you. And if you perhaps were looking for the wrong thing from God. For instance. I was up for a job. A job that could turn into something very very good. However at every step of the hiring process a red flag would be thrown up. The final approval for my hiring took months and months because of all the red flags. I believe but didn't know at the time that God was putting all these stumbling blocks in front of me to keep me from taking this job. Finally the day came that I was to report for my first day. Just hours before I was to report, I stepped off a flight of stairs and broke my ankle and sprained my other ankle badly. I lost the job. As it turned out less than two months later my husband had open heart surgery and had a protracted recovery period. I would not have been able to work and be sure he was taken care of as well. I just simply wasn't meant to have that job in God's plan. I could have looked at it differently. God ignored me, allowed me to get hurt so I lost the job, allowed my husband to almost suffer a deadly heart attack. But I knew in my heart and mind that God had been trying very hard to keep me from getting that job. But it took something really dramatic to keep me from going to work. Literally breaking my ankle. So I have to wonder why you think God has never been there for you.

So I can't definitively answer your question. But I have to wonder if you have been looking at things from a negative slant. That God working in your life has been more subtle than you realized all those years.

Source(s): The result of a long life.

I don't have any faith whatsoever in an afterlife...but I do have faith in you! Once you realize the power that you enjoy when you have faith in yourself, you will feel the freedom to conquer anything that life presents you! Some people NEED to have faith, I think because it gives their life a certain meaning that they cannot find on their own! Embrace the power of knowledge, and of truth, and let all your guilt and preconceived ideas go! Only then can you enjoy true love, the love of self, the love of others, and the strength to lead the life of your dreams! Best of luck to you!

Go to Him broken. Salvation is up to God. We can do nothing to earn salvation. We cannot save ourselves. All we can do is pray for mercy and hope God saves us. Salvation is completely up to God. We cannot "accept" Jesus. It is written:

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Time is short. Judgment Day is May 21st, 2011. Pray now for mercy and forgiveness.

Read, read, read the Bible.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Go to www.wecanknow.com for more info.

Source(s): KJV Holy Bible

Yes its the devil I went thru the same thing...god has never left you he is always there he there when you cry at night asking him for help.you feel. Lonely and so hurt and your self esteem is low but god id there ask him to take the pain away read spalm 51.the lord will restore you strng tell the lord you givi it al to him you can't do it on your own...god loves u and he wants you to love him and to do that just give it all to him ever since I told god I give up I need you he gave me strength to go day by day now god has been good to me you have to be strong cause that devil. Will try to put u down...god bless ill pray for you

• Moi

Like many people, you likely have many false notions about the kinds of things that God can and cannot do for us. He is not a genie in a bottle. He does not swoop down and clean up all our messes. But if we repent then he WILL see us through our messes and set us back on the straight path to redemption.

Gods word the Holy Bible is intended to be our Christian guide to life. If you are not reading and studying it daily - and applying its principles to your life - then no wonder that you have many insurmountable problems.

The remedy is to draw near to God through his word. It wil take some time and a lot of perseverance. But he can and will help you clean up your life.

Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.