what is municipal water?

What does it mean?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

It means the total amount of metered and estimated non metered, potable and non potable, water supplied for municipal purposes.

• 4 years ago

Define Municipal

• 1 decade ago

Municipal Water refers to a water supply provided from a central point and piped to individual users under pressure. It may be from a central well or be treated surface water. This is as opposed to each user having a separate water source and pressure system.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is municipal water?

What does it mean?

Source(s): municipal water: https://biturl.im/nrOMW
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's the same as ordinary water.

Municipal simply means controlled by the local authority - the local council. In the UK, before the water industry was fully privatised, many councils were responsible for supplying the water in their local area, though there were also some private water companies even then. In municipally-controlled areas, residents paid for their water supply (and maintenance of sewerage etc.) with their local council's taxes, then known as 'rates'. The term 'water rates' was used for this charge and it was based on the rateable value of property in the same way that the house rates were.

Since privatisation, water companies have taken over all responsibility for water supply.

Source(s): My late father was in charge of our local council's water rates office for many years.
  • 1 decade ago

A municipality is like a town, so municipal water is water that was pumped or otherwise produced by the town.

• 1 decade ago

That's water which has been chlorinated and possibly has added fluoride. It's supposed to protect people from nasty bugs. However, if a person is shielded from all nasty germs, they don't build up resistance and are likely to fall prey to any foreign body which raises its ugly head.

When I was a child we had a private water supply and I have never suffered from sickness and diarrhoea although I have lived in India.

• Heidi
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axtF7

You can use a filtered water bottle, install a Brita faucet filter, make your own container water filter with two clean plastic containers and a ceramic filter. A ceramic filter costs the same as a carbon filter but can be reused.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For drinking water, you can buy gallons or cases of drinking water.

• storm
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

water owned by the government eg supply company

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.