Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 years ago

Is vaseline vegetarian?

Update:

I'm talking about the lip therapy, the one with petrolium jelly. Thanks for all the answers.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Vaseline white petroleum jelly is processed through bone char filters. Just as some people would avoid certain white cane sugars for that reason, they might also avoid using that product. They're also listed as a company that tests on animals. I also recommend looking for a botanical product rather than a petroleum-based product for your skin.

• Sara
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

of course vaseline is vegetarian

• 9 years ago

It is vegan, but company who make it test on animals. Instead, try the 'little pink/green/blue tins' from superdrug, they are around £1, are vegan, and are not tested on animals (it says so, and BUAV approved (:

Source(s): 6-7 year vegetarian/briefly vegan
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, it doesn't contain any blubber like they do in cosmetics like lipstick and all of that.

Source(s): Saw it on a documentary
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • its real name is petroleum jelly a by product from the petrochemical industry its okay for vegetarians i suppose ever read the back of a bottle of bath or shower stuff the majority are waste products just reused to make make money mineral oil actually dries the skin buts its cheaper to use it than to dispose of it lots of nice simple stiff available at the health stores cost more though all the best for 2011 have a ball

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Cosmetics are usually Non Veg. Please go through the info on it.

• 9 years ago

Now,Now cheeky tuesday!!

• 9 years ago

as far as i know yes, but, the fact that it is actually the 'oil' made of decaying organic matter over thousands of years may bother some, tho its disgusting, its still natural ;-)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Planning on going on a camping trip?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.