Why do bars in urban areas always have ghetto themed parties?

There is this one town that I know of, lots of minorities live there. Its a poor area. For entertainment they always are promoting hip hop dj's , and gangster/pimp and ho themed parties. Then there is this other town I know of. It is very affluent. Its filled with alot of older people with lots of money. The... show more There is this one town that I know of, lots of minorities live there. Its a poor area. For entertainment they always are promoting hip hop dj's , and gangster/pimp and ho themed parties.

Then there is this other town I know of. It is very affluent. Its filled with alot of older people with lots of money. The bars there which are referred to as lounges since they are more upscale always are having piano singers and jazz for entertainment.

Why do these towns choose such different choices of music and themes for their parties?