? asked in SportsHockey · 10 years ago

Which NHL team has the best fans ?

Hockey and the NHL has grown to have a bit over 31 million followers in the United States. Now over 500.000 Americans play in a organized Hockey League.

Which NHL team has the best fans ?

I say

Chicago Blackhawks

Pittsburgh Penguins

Detroit Red Wings

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames

Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers (maybe Philly)

No matter how bad or good the teams are, the arena is always packed, they have fans from all over the world.

Penguins, Blackhawks have a great fan base at the moment because of bandwagonners, wait until the hawks miss the playoffs and the pens lose crosby (not saying itll happen anytime soon), these arent the best fans because they dont stick with the teams longterm, winning or lossing.

Actually, you can stick almost any canadian hockey team out there because canadas nhl arenas are always jammed

it's really difficult to say, everyone's going to be a bit biased. i personally say the red wings, simply because that's my favorite team, and and i know even with the terrible economy here in detroit, everyone i know is still 110% for the red wings, even if that means having to sit at home to watch the games on tv. not to mention, especially with a lot of people moving out of michigan and to other states for jobs, red wings fans are starting to spread out, so no matter where the red wings go, there will always be fans in those stadiums.

the blackhawks have pretty good fans too, i went to my first blackhawks game on sunday because my boyfriend is a fan of theirs, but in my opinion (and it's just my opinion, i don't know for a fact), it seems to me like they're completely milking it because they won a stanley cup. not that they shouldn't, they should definitely be excited for that, anyone would, but it seems like they're way too cocky. i've had multiple blackhawks fans rub it in my face, which i find hilarious. they're more like cocky fans than loyal fans - bandwagon fans i guess. but once again, that's completely an opinion.

• CHI/PIT fans stayed away in droves for various reasons until the team came good.

I'll give DET a pass for now based on the economy in Detroit being in the crapper, plus their fans always turned out in the old Norris Division days.

COL? Sellout streak went to pot when the team went bad. Thanks for playing.

CGY? This isn't 2004. Next.

TOR? Damn straight. Sellouts galore despite a 43-year dry spell (yes, 1967...I get it...), and rather than not show up to support the team, our inventive fans threw a waffle at a couple of games. No civil unrest/rioting, no apathy, just originality AND carb-loading at the same time, one silly avatar at a time.

Toronto Maple Leafs. They pay for the most expensive tickets in hockey to watch such a mediocre team that hasn't won a championship since 1967. That is a true definition of loyalty.

Hockeytown, Toronto, Montreal, Philly.

Some good answers, but I also add Minnesota. They sold out their arena every game while Jacques Lemaire was clutching and grabbing his way to boring 1-0 victories. And they have had practically zero post-season success.

Pittsburgh Penguins!!

May be a little biased but I say calgary flames.

Doesn't matter how crappy the team is, the dome is always jam packed and sold out. And that's with very high ticket prices compared to most teams. I'm pretty sure we have over 200 consecutive sellouts now, unbelievable.

The Red Wings by far have the best fans.

Oilers.