Home insurance in UK. Ld to renew, but it lapsed for a few months, lost no claims bonus? Recommendations?

My building and contents insurance lapsed around 6 months ago. Now I can afford to get it renewed, but getting accurate quotes online is not really possible, as places ask about how long you have had *continuous* insurance for without making any claim. I didn't realise having a break like this would cause... show more My building and contents insurance lapsed around 6 months ago. Now I can afford to get it renewed, but getting accurate quotes online is not really possible, as places ask about how long you have had *continuous* insurance for without making any claim. I didn't realise having a break like this would cause problems. Can anybody recommend any firms I can phone who won't see this break of a few months as such a big deal? I say phone, as getting quotes for my scenario online seems virtually impossible, but please point me towards any firm's websites that could handle this! Please please please, don't just suggest I go to the usual price comparison websites, I've already done this and keep running into the same problem.
Update: I didn't accept the renewal quote from my last company because of the enormous rise in premiums. They said it was because they had started insuring for a minimum contents value of many thousands of pounds, and they couldn't take into account the fact that my contents are worth probably less than 10k! Of course... show more I didn't accept the renewal quote from my last company because of the enormous rise in premiums. They said it was because they had started insuring for a minimum contents value of many thousands of pounds, and they couldn't take into account the fact that my contents are worth probably less than 10k! Of course this is priority, I want it sorted ASAP, hence asking for help on here!
Update 2: Kernow Lady, I am *not* making this more complicated. I've been through the process of obtaining enough quotes in the last week to know! Some firms let you off for a gap of 3, 4 months, but not 6 it seems...or those that don't care about it are much more expensive anyway. As for a 'no claims bonus' not existing... show more Kernow Lady, I am *not* making this more complicated. I've been through the process of obtaining enough quotes in the last week to know! Some firms let you off for a gap of 3, 4 months, but not 6 it seems...or those that don't care about it are much more expensive anyway. As for a 'no claims bonus' not existing for houses, of course it does! That is why (a) you get better prices if you haven't claimed in several years, and (b) that is why every firm and broker I have spoken to have been telling me about how this gap affects my 'no claims bonus'! Anyway it is sorted now. Found a firm who weren't as cheap as the quotes I was getting when I said I hadn't have such a long break, but still much cheaper than when I got quotes assuming that I had never had insurance before.
0