Will friends attend your family Christmas festivities?

Seems that every year, more and more "single" or "alone" friends are attending our Christmas family gatherings. It is adding a richness and spice to our gatherings that we are all enjoying....and includes my children's divorced/single friends...along with some of mine....plus a nice... show more Seems that every year, more and more "single" or "alone" friends are attending our Christmas family gatherings. It is adding a richness and spice to our gatherings that we are all enjoying....and includes my children's divorced/single friends...along with some of mine....plus a nice couple whose children have all moved to faraway places.

Yes... it does mean that things are pretty "crammed".....but we figure...the more the merrier!
Update: The family gathers about an hour and a half before we have invited the "guests" to come.....we do the "gift opening" thing then so that we don't have an uncomfortable situation of inviting people who then sit in the midst of present opening. We tell them not to bring any gifts....but they are welcome to bring... show more The family gathers about an hour and a half before we have invited the "guests" to come.....we do the "gift opening" thing then so that we don't have an uncomfortable situation of inviting people who then sit in the midst of present opening.

We tell them not to bring any gifts....but they are welcome to bring things like bottles of soft drinks, ice, food, etc...
Update 2: @We should all send best wishes to Marilyn who is so far from home in a strange land....trying her best to make the best of it and to make a Christmas for herself and her husband the best way she knows how.

HUGS TO YOU, Dear Marilyn!!!
11 answers 11