Cooking Oatmeal THE Right Way?

So i know how to cook oatmeal, Put in water, wait until its at a boil and stuff. But how do you boil milk! cause every time i use milk, SOMEHOW the bottom of the pan gets like burnt?? So how do i solve this milk mystery?????

8 Answers

Relevance
  • gg
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Check out Alton Brown's site.

He just did a whole episode on oatmeal, and has great tips for making it right.

• C w
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Hi: I always add the milk right before taking it off the stove. Helps cool it down a bit and it doesn't get scorched. Some things you may want to try in your oatmeal are chopped canned peaches or whole raisins with a bit of cinnamon sugar added - yummy!

• 9 years ago

Don't boil it. Milk burns easily. Check out the source website for more help.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

This website will show you several ways to cook oatmeal...one is with milk. There is also a video:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Oatmeal

(hint, with milk you have to keep stirring)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you use half milk and half water, you'll have the great richness of the milk and it won't burn at the boil.

• 9 years ago

Whisk it or simply make sure that It does not touch the bottom moving too much,like shaking it

• Lower heat.

• 9 years ago

umm hun... just get a bowl pour the milk in and stick it in the microwave for 5 mins :)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.