Why do Guys hide their feelings from the girl that cares about them?

I dont only mean feeling 'about their relationship' but about general things in

life? And when you want to share their worries or help them they say that

they are fine and dont want to worry us and then the girl is pushed away

when all she was trying to do was help? :(

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Guys are ferociously independent. Their sense of 'guyness' is wrapped up in being able to take care of things. For many guys, to admit they can't handle a situation hits at the core of who they are. They may want to run away rather than admit that they can't do it.

This is not about not trusting the girl. Most guys have a fierce protective streak, they are afraid that if they admit their inadequacy the girl will lose faith in their abilities as a 'protector' - maybe even seek out a stronger, more capable person. Fundamentally, the woman's right to choose her man makes guys afraid to admit their flaws. This is not helped by the girl saying "I accept you with all your flaws" because the guy knows that is a lie - a girl will always assess her guy for flaws first, before even beginning the relationship. A guy never thinks of his girl giving him unconditional love and support because that doesn't happen. A girl's affection is conditional on your doing 1001 things right... if you do 2 wrong she may ditch you without much trouble.

Telling him you want to share his worries will NOT help... it takes far more trust and security in a relationship to share trouble. Like maybe 25 years of marriage and four kids.

BTW: this is normal for ALL guys. The rare ones who shared their insecurities with women during the caveman era got pushed out of the evolutionary race by women who felt "These guys are not good enough protectors". Women have a responsibility, in a sense, to ensure the quality control of the species. For most of pre-history (and history) that translated to 'ensure the guy is a good protector'. It'll be a while before evolution overcomes this.

• Glynda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What you're saying is probably true about this guy. Sorry to hear about your friend. He may not be sure how she feels about him. Especially when she's sending mixed signals, or if he can't tell if she's just being friendly or actually interested. If he does, a lot of times, she'll run the other way, which is a blow to his confidence, especially if he really did like her. If she did not run, it would make it really awkward for him.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because women aren't attracted to weak men and men beat them up or at least dislike them.

So there isn't a real payoff for men to share their feelings, except for that rare occasion where it serves to make a woman feel like the strong man has opened up just to her.

You can find a parallel to how women feel about emotional men in how men feel about sexually wild women. They say they want them, but it seems to work best, in reality, on average, when they have the illusion that it is something only the two of them share.

Cowboy-poets are as rare as Madonna-whores in this world.

• 9 years ago

Guy think if they show their emotions then it makes them weak. So it they dont show any emotions then they wont have any weaknesses. Guys also are bad at processing their emotions so even when they think they are showing their emotions they really arent, they are good at displaying them in a way other can understand. They dont mean any harm by it, they cant help it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because They Are Weird &Dumb, They Never Wanna Listen To Nobody.

• 9 years ago

I personally went through this with my wife I believe in my personal opinion that it is if we tell our feelings that your feelings for us would change like how you see us. We think that well this isn't the guy I remember when I first got with him or think our feelings are weird.

• 9 years ago

right you have got the right person here -->me<-- well i do this but only because if i like the girl which i do i like her so much and love her i just want to be with her and i dont care whats going on in my life i just want to be with her so maybe this is why hes doing it because he doesn't want you to know or maybe he does but he doesn't care and doesn't want you to know because he likes you and maybe doesn't want you to carry the burden of helping him hes simply being polite becasue he likes you i do this so yeah it just means he like you an awful lot

Source(s): personal experience
  • 9 years ago

because we know women tend to start telling all their friends

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.