Firefox web browser vs IE8 ?

I was told that firefox web browser is faster and better than internet explorer (8)

I am a bit of an "old dinosaur" in terms of not liking change for the sake of it! IS it worth be changing?

Have YOU changed from IE8 to Firefox?

Is it better?

Faster? etc

Thank you!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best answer

I use IE 8 and sometimes 9 but although 9 is fast it is not user friendly yet as it is still "beta".I also use Firefox 3 point something (latest) and Firefox 4 beta , which would be of some use if it would work with a Yahoo! tool bar, which it can`t as yet. IE is everything that you need and has a compatibility tab to make it work with previous versions of websites. On my computer firefox takes a lot longer to load and does not work any better. It is a fashion tool. Was described by Which Magazine as the "Swiss Army Knife" of browsers. For want of anything better presumably!

Firefox is not faster than IE, or better ,although I am using it now.

There is no advantage in changing from IE to anything in my opinion.

I am expecting serious thumbs down for this opinion as fashion always prevails!

• 9 years ago

I personally would feel that Firefox is a little faster than IE8 and all the other IE's their making. But Firefox is very slow compared to Google Chrome. I personally would recommend keeping IE for some reasons because there are some websites e.g. aimsperform.co.uk doesn't work for other browsers. But in terms of speed Google Chrome is the best

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Firefox is faster than IE and also the usability features and the add ons makes firefox far better than IE. Early users may find it a bit odd but on regular use u'll start liking firefox better.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Firefox IS the fastest web browser , but above all it is the SAFEST.

No PC Techs that i talk too use I.E as its unreliable.

Firefox is even better if you have the right add ons such as:

Web Of Trust ( tells you which sites are safe or not)

TACO ( Removes cookies)

Adblock plus ( Stops pop ups and annoying ads on sites)

you can add as many add ons as you like to make your browsing unique to you , whether its for security reasons or fun like Facebook add ons.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Source(s): PC Tech
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Everything UK PC said is correct.

HOWEVER, there is one disadvantage to using Firefox over I.E. Firefox isn't compatible for Active-X so with certain online games you'll have to use the I.E Tab add-on and switch the source basically while you use it.

• 9 years ago

Firefox is a little faster, if you want to change and you want the fastest browser get google chrome, if you don't really want to change you can try a early test version of IE9, just google IE9 Beta

• 9 years ago

Internet Explorer is the slowest, so anything apart from IE (any version) is better.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.