I know how to save the world! Save the US a trillion dollars a year. Stop Global Warming! Do you Agree?
In the US, there are 200 million privately-owned firearms
31,000 Deaths per year due to guns
200,000+ injuries each year
200 million guns times 31,000 Deaths = 6.2% of guns are involved in deaths alone.
In the US, there are there are 230 million cars
42,643 + People die each year in car crashes.
2.9 million injuries each year
230 million cars times 40,000 Deaths = 9.2% of cars are involved in deaths alone.
(And anyone, felons and criminals included, have a right to own and operate a car.)
So we should ban/regulate cars and replace them with nothing but busses, trains, trams/light-rail, and non-motorized vehicles because then not only would we eliminate Car Related Deaths, we would eliminate car related injury, which costs the American Medical System billions of dollars each year, and we would greatly reduce the wear and tear on the infrastructure, reducing repair, replacement, and expansion costs by billions of dollars a year.
- We would basically eliminate our dependence on foreign oil, which pays for world wide terrorism, making the world as a whole a safer place.
- We would cut our countries carbon footprint by at least half. (Though 48% of the world’s green house gasses are actually produced by ruminant animals, including cows.)
- Bike sales would skyrocket, greatly impacting the Obesity Epidemic in our country because we would no longer be spending 1/3 of our day sedentary, in traffic, and the Obesity Epidemic costs our Health Care System billions each year.
The response rates of police, fire department, and emergency medical personnel would be practically instantaneous because no jacka*ses blocking the progress of emergency equipment down the streets.
- It would eliminate traffic courts, freeing up police and the judicial system to prosecute more serious crimes like murder and child abuse.
- A total elimination of DWI’s and other unsafe driving practices.
- 2,000+ children are injured each year by their own parents backing their cars over them. 200+ die each year by being crushed by cars simply backing out of driveways!
- Street prostitution would be virtually eliminated because of the logistics of getting a hummer on a bike.
- The transportation industry, which brings you every single item in your home, would greatly accelerate due to the emptying of the freeways, reducing transportation costs of all goods sold in the US, lowering the prices for food and consumer goods.
- There would be much more positive social interaction with the general population, greatly increasing the ability to spot and seek treatment for socially maladjusted individuals and eliminating unhealthy social isolation.
- The elimination of negative stereotypes such as Asians not being able to drive well.
- A total elimination of the threat of Drive By shootings, making neighborhoods safer.
- A staggering reduction in Noise Pollution.
- The almost total elimination of the death and injury of helpless animals in the roadway. Saving many endangered animals like the Endangered Armadillo, whose corpses, literally, litter the highways of Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
- It would greatly increase a dependence on little “Mom & Pop” small businesses because you would have to pop down to the local grocery store when you needed something rather than driving miles down the road to the Mega-Mart. This would eliminate the strangle hold on business that the anti’s claim is destroying main-street America.
All of this and more if we just regulated and eliminated Cars the way we want to regulate and eliminate firearms. Who’s with me?!?!?!