My cat was killed by a pitbull what action should i take?

My cat was injured by the pitbull in the alleyway and died later that night at the vets. the pitbull was let out of the garden at around 8 in the morning with children the youngest being around 5 and oldest around 12 and it was snowing so anyone could have been out there. the pitbull was let out with no muzzle and... show more My cat was injured by the pitbull in the alleyway and died later that night at the vets. the pitbull was let out of the garden at around 8 in the morning with children the youngest being around 5 and oldest around 12 and it was snowing so anyone could have been out there. the pitbull was let out with no muzzle and no lead after asking around i have been told from numerous people that they do it on a regular basis letting the children out with the dog. the next day i saw the woman with the dog and it was clear she couldnt control it as it took her around 5 minutes to get it from her car to her house. i just need to know what action i can take against the owners of the dog. I live in the UK
14 answers 14