TUMS + Stomach Acid = *what chemical reaction NEEDED ASAP PLEASE?

I would like to use this example in a paper, but I cannot figure out the exact chemical reaction that would occur. I know TUMS is a base, and there is acid in your stomach, so it's an acid/base reaction, but what is the formula of the reaction that occurs?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best answer

CaCO3 + 2HCl --> CaCl2 + H2O + CO2

• Just to be clear
      CACO3 +2HCL ----------> CaCl2+H20+CO2
      tums Stomach acid Salt Water Carbondioxide
      main ingredientg

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Hearthburn Solutions http://renditl.info/AcidRefluxUltimateCure
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Check this natural method to get rid of acid reflux http://acidreflux-cure.info

Usually, heartburnThe most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Describes the condition of backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus which frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

You can get rid of acid reflux and heartburn with this natural method https://tr.im/aE9Dn

Usually, heartburnThe most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Describes the condition of backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus which frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Reflux can present in a number of ways. Learn how to cure your heartburn https://tr.im/Bf68P

The most common symptoms include burning in your chest or regurgitation of food or saliva. Other symptoms include a feeling of something in your throat (called globus), chronic cough, throat clearing, indigestion or an upset stomach, or chest pain that feels like a heart attack.

• Sara
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Their latest was teenagers, although they said they were gonna relase mama, although they said that in Novmeber and now it's april but they may release it after the black parade is dead. But i think I know what you're getting at. The two following songs haven't been released but we're sung in concert and there is speculation about them. They 1st song is "Stay" (also known as "stay awake") and that is apparently it's name. The 2nd song is known as "the world is ugly", that's what many of the fans call it, although it's name hasn't been release unlike the other one. These two new songs, haven't been recorded properly and only at concerts, but many say they will either be on "The black parade is dead!" live disk set, or they will be on the 4th studio album as the new member of mcr, called James DeWees, plays in both songs and is doing the next album with them and has been officialy beem accepted into the band. although there are many rumors going around about these songs, nothing has been confirmed yet. we will just have to wait and see :) as much as i want them to be released now.!!! You can hear them on youtube, and can download them. the song "stay" is available for download (although not good quality) on my previous question about it! Well i hope i helped.!! =]

• DPG
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

find out what TUMS stands for,acid +base=salt +water

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.