Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you want to keep net neutrality?

Democrats want to keep net neutrality. That means the web stays as it is now, where the little guy's web site is as fast to load as the rich guy's. Obama wants net neutrality, which is one reason I voted for him.

Republicans want to abolish net neutrality. They want you to have to pay the rich corporations more money. He who pays more gets faster download on his site. He who pays less gets slower download. The idea is to push us all toward rich guy's sites, and discourage us from visiting the little guy's sites (such as blogs, for instance).

Which do you want, and why?

Republican leaders to Obama: Net neutrality regulations are harmful

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/61469-republican...

Republicans to FCC: Back off net neutrality

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201011...

GOP Senators Move to Stop Obama Net Neutrality Rules

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UT...

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best answer

The industry has already cut the deal. They will provide cover for anybody who votes against it. Whatever it costs they will get it. You can already read the Republican disinformation about it all over the internet. Republicans do not know what it is.

Net neutrality is what we have now. If you know where a server is you can go to it. If you want to search on google you can.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Flat rates is an idea spawned by people who do a lot of streaming video and want everyone else to help pay for it. Bad idea. Paying a higher fee for greater usage is what's right. Why should some guy who does nothing with his computer but send out a few E-mails pay the same as someone who's using gigs worth of bandwidth to stream video? As to politicians, since when has it been a requirement that they make sense let alone know what they're talking about?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Net neutrality exists b/c ppl on the internet got off the internet and made it exist. If you like it, well you know what to do.

..oh yeah the red team senator from AK lost his job over it and iirc, just died in a plane "accident" recently.

but don't let that stop you, they can't kill everyone.

• 9 years ago

I like net neutrality even though I am a Republican but also would like to total free speech on the net.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would like the series of tubes that is the internet to remain neutral.

• 5 years ago

Absolutely! Many people use the internet for gaming. Would you like it if online multiplayer was unplayable due to horrible ping?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

As long as we're going to have things like "cable franchises" (i.e. government-approved monopolies) what's the alternative?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Enjoy net neutrality while it lasts. It won't last long and it doesn't really matter what we want.

• 9 years ago

yes

• 9 years ago

This is truly the best piece of bogus propaganda I've read lately. We don't have net neutrality. You're pressing for it, though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.