Kim asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Dead Kill Film Extra?

I applied to be an extra in a film named Dead Kill by Francois Ozon and after a few corresponding emails, they have asked for a deposit of £50 for accommodation.

I'm a bit sceptical about giving my money away to a 'Company' that can't really prove they are a company.

Has anyone else been thinking this, or what do you think?

Emails seem legit and they're using genuine places... So I'm not completely convinced this is for real.

Oh THANK YOU

I called the place we were organised to 'meet' but the guy told me there was nothing booked there for the 7th December.

Also, I know it's just a simple question, it is after all my question. If you're going to copy it to another website, please reference it accordingly.

It is after all, JUST common courtesy.

Thank you

It's obviously all well thought out!

I signed up for this as well and got the email reguarding the £50 deposit today. It all seems like a massive scam to me and it's especially annoying as I booked the week off work! Should have waited really.

It seems really really unlikely that this is real seeing as I can't find any mention of the company or the film 'Dead Kill' anywhere. Plus Francois Ozon is a French new wave director I can't see him wanting to make a zombie film in a remote part of North Wales. It just doesn't add up.

I'm planning on trying to find some sort of email for Ozon or his agent to let them know about this. It would also be interesting to know how many other people have been scammed by this.

UPDATE:

I emailed 'Stevne, Angela, Rebecca,' whoever and called them out on how this is clearly a complete hoax and received this rather glib response:

"Hi James

Please affirm your facts before outlining your opinion, in fact Mr. Ozon was here this week previewing the production process.

You have been deselected from our database.

We wish you the best on jour journey for stardom.

Regards"

My main concern now is how to stop anyone else potentially falling for this scam. Who do you think are the best people to contact from this point? I mean anyone with slightest bit of sense will see this for what it is but there will be a few unfortunate people who fall for it and that's really awful!

It`s a BIG scam , my brother got the same exact emails a few weeks back that many others did, telling him that he got selected.

Everything seemed credible the accommodation food , expenses.

However ,when my brother got asked this "the deposit has to be made by Tuesday 8th November " of 50 pound , he decided not to go because he didnt have the money . But because he didnt they decided to change the dates to give a second chance (maybe) so this morning i was on extras.co.uk and it said there was an important notice about the movie dead kill so i researched it and i found out that the people emailing you are fraudsters and scammers !!!

I feel sorry for anyone that does go , you will be left stranded so if you read this please believe it !!

Source(s): http://www.ukscreen.com/board/Casting/0/40342 http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16... http://www.facebook.com/extras.co.uk/posts/4620218... these are all the website in which you can find more information on they are all credible !

I have also been involved in this, I have emailed Mr ozons agent directly. and I also obtained the number of some one from Forestry Commission Wales who knows everything that is going on within the park.

Dont trust it though, as the residency place, Scott House. seems to be flats up for sale .

will post as soon as I know more

I have received an email from Francois Ozons agent-

Dear Glyn,

François Ozon is not involved in this project.

Best regards.

(left his details out for obvious reasons)

Also I have spoken to the contact at the Foretry Commission Wales, he has never heard anything about it and he would if it was.

Gutted! was looking forward to this!

• Hi,

I have also recieved these emails, and was extreemely excited about this film..... After recieving the request for the deposit, I have tried to find out about the people involved and there is no information. Apart from the info on Francois, of which a zomie film does not seem like his genre, there is nothing. I hope when people find out more, this scam can be revealed.

Thanks for you help guys

Me and 2 of my mates have got exactly the same email asking for £50 up front as deposit to cover room damages etc.

This is one big scam imo, don't do it guys. Rebecca Israel, Angela Wahlberg, James Bernstein and Steven Cohen are all in on the act (probably the same person)

I have just been sent there bank details, is there anyway of finding out who they are or how i can turn up on their door step??

They have no contact numbers.... no website complete scam!!

Not only will they take £50 notes of you they are prepared to let you travel all the way to South Wales and you will be stood there and nobody will turn up.

Im well pissed off what a mug iv sent the money in does anyone no how or if i can get it back i was well looking farward to it sorted out babysitter and every thing. has anyone had a reply from theses people.