Atheists: What's the most paranormal thing you've ever seen?

Everything I've ever seen has had a logical explanation.

The closest for me is when my sister's friend who was a few years older than me got a group of us to hold hands in a circle, then told us to look up at the sky, and we saw a big green fireball looking thing in the sky. I was about 5 years old, so I didn't know what to think.

But it actually turns out that it was Comet Hyakutake. It had a logical explanation. The girl probably knew the comet was passing by that night and planned the evening specifically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake

Have you seen anything paranormal?

Several years ago I had an unusual experience concerning an uncle, a distant relative who lived over a thousand miles away.

While driving my car I suddenly felt the unmistakable presence of this relative that I hardly even knew. He was more like someone I had heard about than someone I knew. It was very strange; it felt as though I was momentarily lifted right out of my physical body. I seemed to be suspended somehow beyond space and time, bathed in a love so intense It felt like I could have just disappear into it at any moment if It would have let me. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it seemed to last forever at the same time. I realize how crazy this must sound. The experience was so strong that at first I was afraid I was loosing my grip on reality. I finally managed to chalk it up to an over active imagination.

Three days later I got a call from my aunt telling me that this uncle we are talking about had gone into a coma and died the day I had the experience. It felt like ice water had been poured down my back when she told me this. I had lost any real ideas of God or faith and had become somewhat of an atheist. Needless to say this experience caused me to rethink some of the conclusions I had come to.

I feel blessed to now understand that even in our darkest confusion something loves us so much that it went out of its way to assist me and bring me back to a state of absolute certainty about Gods love for us.

During the experience it seemed like there was a vast amount of information that I was somehow allowed access to. One thing that I came away from this experience understanding beyond any shadow of a doubt was that any Idea that God is unhappy with us or would judge or allow us to be punished for any reason is simply impossible.

I can’t explain the love I felt with words. They simply don’t make words big enough or complete enough to do this. The only way I can begin to convey this love to you is to say that there was simply nothing else there. Nothing but love. No hint of judgment, no displeasure of any sort. It is as though God sees us as being as perfect as we were the day we were created. It is only in our confused idea of ourselves that we seem to have changed.

I hope this is of some help to you. Good luck. Love and blessings.

Your brother don

• Cory

I once heard a very loud, unfamiliar sound that seemed to be coming from the sky at around 3AM. It sounded like a jet engine mixed with a car alarm and a guitar. It lasted for about 15 minutes and it woke up the entire apartment complex. My friend was with me so I know I wasn't dreaming. I don't know what it was, but I wouldn't just assume it was paranormal, just unexplained.

It was probably a burglar alarm that I hadn't heard before, though.

• Haz

There is only one single thing I've never had satisfactorily explained. I even asked a Q here and the answers were rubbish!

I had 3 dogs when young who on two occasions responded to 'something' as if a human was there. They would fix their gaze at human eye level, whimper and wag their tale in recognition but they would not move or venture towards whatever it is they sensed. They were excited and responded to something they knew - without a doubt.

What used to be odd - those of is the room when it occurred wouldn't look at each other and barely acknowledged it!

In 2007 I actually did a ghost hunt with three friends. Well, needless to say we determined that there were no ghosts, and while it isn't truly paranormal, the myriad of "EVP" we collected was amusing. It's amazing how a disembodied voice can be heard when in reality, it was a wheeze from someone's exhale (like in the case of someone with bronchitis or a smoker, that sort of thing), electrical buzz, or the settling of the building. It had some entertainment value, and since we were doing it for free, telling the occupants that there was nothing there other than tricks of the imagination felt good. Chalk one up for the "Demon Haunted World" lol.

I saw my then boyfriend standing in front of me on the stairs after he'd already left for work, then I saw him crack a weird smile and dematerialize. I was not high, and it's the only thing I have seen that I cannot otherwise explain, and I have seen nothing like it before or since. That was 22 years ago.

When I was about 6 the wind blew through a crack in the window of my bedroom, it sounded like a banshee.

Scared the crap out of me, but there was a logical explanation.

Actually...yes...ive had quite a lot of paranormal experiences...one of the strangest was suddenly knowing every memory that my girlfriend had. I asked her about something she never told me, in fact never would have told me, and she admitted it was true. This occurred while i was in a drug induced altered state. This sort of prompted her to make a couple of embarrassing confessions, but i already knew them all as well. Its hard to give a 'logical' explanation, but it doesn't imply anything about a deity, either. On a side note, it did ruin the relationship.

• .

I've actually had a lot of "paranormal" experiences. I've had ghost experiences, I've had dreams that came true, I've had crazy coincidences, etc., etc. The only difference between me and the paranormal believers is that I don't make huge assumptions about them. I think it's much, much more likely that my mind was playing tricks on me, or that my mind was making patterns where none actually exist.

Actually I have seen something that had no logical explanation. It was a fork that fell off the table but the fork should not have fell since no one was near the table; everyone was in another room and we (me and a few other people) heard it fall.

I seen UFO 3 times when I was in elementary school and junior highschool. Unfortunately didn't have camera at the moment but I swear

My mom said that when I was a baby, I just suddenly looked up at the ceiling and laughed and started following my eyes around something up there and clapped. I'd like to remember what I happened to see there.

Source(s): On the other hand, if it's that crawling woman from Fatal Frame, I'd rather not remember it.