Do these Spanish sentences make complete sense?

They must be very accurate. Maybe not translate exactly as I have it written out but so long as it makes sense in Spanish. I have laid it out very simply for you to understand and correct.

- La semana próxima voy a ver un programa de televisión, que se llama House. Es mi programa favorito porque es graciosísimo.

== Next week, I am going to watch a TV show called House. It's my favourite programme because it is very funny

- Es un programa medical y cómica. La dan una vez cada semana para la mitad del año.

== It is a funny, medical show. They put it on once a week for half the year.

- House es un medico en el programa y es egotístico pero hilarante. Me encanta el papel de House porque es un genio pero muy infantil.

== House is a doctor in the show and he is egotistical (maybe 'is an egotist' is better) but hilarious. I live the character of House because he is a a genius but very childish.

- El episodio próximo va a ser fantástica.

= The next episode is going to be fanatstic

- En realidad, prefiero ver la televisión que leer un libro. No leo tanto como quisiera.

== In truth, I prefer watching TV to reading books. I don't read as much as I would like.

- Me encanta los libros de acción pero, para mí, la tele es más emocionante.

== I love action books but, in my opinion, the TV is more exciting.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. La semana próxima voy a ver un programa de television que se llama House (no comma is needed between "televisión" and "que". The rest is fine.

2. Es un programa MÉDICO y CÓMICO. Lo dan una vez a la semana por medio año.OR "hasta la mitad del año". (Even though the word "programa" ends with A, it is actually a masculine word so adjectives and articles should be masculine).

3. House es un médico en el programa y es EGOTISTA pero COMIQUÍSIMO. Me encanta el papel de House porque es un genio, pero muy infantil (COMMA ADDED).

4. El próximo episodio va a ser FANTÁSTICO ("episodio" is a masculine word so the adjective ends with O).

5. En realidad... no comments on this one.

6. Me encantaN los libros de acción... (libros is plural so the verb should end with an N, in this case).

Hope this helps!

Source(s): English/Spanish teacher for 4 years
  • 9 years ago

- La próxima seman voy a ver un programa de televisión, que se llama House. Es mi programa favorito porque es graciosísimo.

== Next week, I am going to watch a TV show called House. It's my favourite programme because it is very funny

- Es un programa medico y cómico. Lo dan una vez cada ( A, LA ) semana durante medio año.

== It is a funny, medical show. They put it on once a week for half the year.

- House es un medico en el programa y es egotísta pero divertido. Me encanta el papel de House porque es un genio pero muy infantil.

== House is a doctor in the show and he is egotistical (maybe 'is an egotist' is better) but hilarious. I live the character of House because he is a a genius but very childish.

- El próximo episodio va a ser fantástico.

= The next episode is going to be fanatstic

- En realidad, prefiero ver la televisión que leer un libro. No leo tanto como quisiera.

== In truth, I prefer watching TV to reading books. I don't read as much as I would like.

- Me encantan los libros de acción pero, para mí, la tele es más emocionante.

== I love action books but, in my opinion, the TV is more

• 9 years ago

1. Could be: La próxima semana, voy a ver un programa de televisión llamado Casa. Es mi programa favorito porque es muy divertido

2.This is what it says it translated: It is a medical program and comical. They take it once a week for half of the year

Could be: Es un espectáculo divertido, médicos. Lo pusieron en una vez a la semana durante la mitad del año.

3.Good

4.Good

5.When translated: In fact, I'd rather watch TV than read a book. Not read as much as you want.

Could be: En verdad, prefiero ver la televisión a los libros de lectura. Yo no leo tanto como me gustaría

6.Good - when translated: I love action books, but to me, television is more exciting

could be: Me encantan los libros de acción, pero, en mi opinión, la televisión es más emocionante

Hope this helps, I will include a link for translating. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The second sentence: Es un divertido programa médico. Lo ponen una vez durante la mitad del año

The fourth sentence: El episodio próximo va a ser fantásticO.

The rest of sentences are very good.

Source(s): Im Spanish
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

just add an "n" to the word encanta in the last sentence. "me encantan los libros"

• 3 years ago

a million) El año que viene, continuaré mis estudios. - next year, i will proceed my examine. 2) Pienso estudiar tecnología, matemáticas avanzadas, física e informática. despite the fact that if: Quiero estudiar..............OR "Estoy pensando en estudiar....." (i'm thinking of......Please delete the articles of the courses as you probably did in English. - i'm thinking of reading tech, stepped forward maths, physics and IT 3) Es una decisión difícil porque solo se puedeN estudiar cuatro asignaturas y se tieneN que sacar buenas notas este año para avanzar. - it particularly is a perplexing determination considering which you may in basic terms learn 4 matters and you may desire to get stable effects this year to strengthen. 4) Voy a buscar un trabajo a tiempo parcial. - i will hunt for an element-time interest. 5) Una posibilidad sería trabajar con ordenadores. - perhaps, i'd desire to paintings with computers. 6) Me gustaría porque me interesan mucho. - i'd like that because of the fact i'm very interested in them. 7) También quisiera continuar aprenDIENDO español en mi tiempo libre porque pienso QUE ME será útil en el futuro. - additionally, i'd prefer to keep gaining information of Spanish in my unfastened time because of the fact i think of it will be useful sooner or later. 8) Sí ME QUEDA suficiente tiempo, me gustaría continuar jugaNDO al fútbol y tocaNDO el piano. - If I even have sufficient time, i'd prefer to proceed to play soccer and play the piano. There are some minor amendments in sentences 2), 3), 5), 7), 8) As you will see, in Spanish the courses stay without articles as in English. @@@Sorry, Dulce Lila, pero "medio tiempo" would desire to be very Argentinian you will not locate it in the terrific Spanish of Spain. i assume the student will would desire to settle on despite the fact that if to learn south american Spanish or the language of Spain. the student please would verify this factor. with tips from the way, my husband from Chile confirms my expression of "a tiempo parcial". I stay in Spain and might hear the expression "a tiempo parcial" daily. with reference to the correction 3: If the project is plural, the ending of the verb is plural. the version is that your version refers back to the guy who examine with your "se puede" and that i communicate with the "4 asignaturas". the two variations ARE terrific, in different words, mine is a minimum of as terrific because of the fact the expressión "the puede estudiar asignaturas". I hate puzzling scholars, with tips from the way!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.